If you want your event included in the community calendar, e-mail the information to us by clicking here. Keep in mind this is a calendar of community events, and it’s not a vehicle for free advertising for an endeavor.
• Meeker School District School Board Candidate Forum. Thursday, Oct. 15 at 7 p.m. at the Meeker High School.
• Youth Open Gym Basketball. Friday, 1-2 p.m. at the MES Gym. Boys and girls in grades K-8th are invited to come use the gym to practice their basketball skills! This program is free and runs each Friday from Oct. 16-Nov. 20. 970-878-3403; www.MeekerRecDistrict.com
• Alive at 25 driving course Saturday. The Colorado State Patrol is once again offering the Driving Course “Alive at 25” in Meeker for teens and young adults. The course is a one-day presentation to be held on Saturday, Oct. 16 starting at 8 a.m. at the Meeker Town Hall. The cost of attendance for each participant is $79. You can enroll online by visiting the Colorado State Patrol website. This is an excellent driving course for teens and young adults. You must be between the ages of 15 and 24 to enroll. The course is 4+ hours long and will be invaluable to instill good driving habits into our youth.
• Fall Fitness – Session 2 starts Saturday. Save your spot in one (or more!) of ERBM Recreation & Park District’s fall fitness classes! Visit www.MeekerRecDistrict.com for full listing of classes.
• Meeker Shooting Range. The range will be closed Oct. 8 through Nov. 15. Sight-in days will be Oct. 15, 16, 29 and 30 as well as Nov. 10. The range will be open for sight-in only from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
• The Meeker Library Bookclub meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). The next meeting with be Nov. 9. We will be discussing “The Men Who United the States” by Simon Winchester. All interested readers are welcome. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
• Quilting Group. Tuesday evenings 6-9 p.m. White River Electric Public Meeting room. Bring your sewing machine and project.
• Gentlemen’s Group. Tuesdays at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center Lounge for adults 50+. Stop by for refreshments and conversation.
• Adult Pickleball. From 1-2 p.m. Wednesdays in the Admin Gym at the Meeker Rec Center. Adults, come and give it your best shot at Pickleball—a racquet sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton and table tennis!
• Game Day. Wednesdays at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center Lounge for adults 50+. Stop by for refreshments, conversation and a game of cards.
• Children’s Story Hour. Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
• Science Friday with Doc Bob. Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
• Candy donations sought. Residents in Pioneer Medical Center’s Walbridge Wing are asking for donations of Halloween candy they can hand out to trick-or-treaters. The donations can either be taken to the new hospital location or dropped off at the home health office next to the old hospital in Meeker.
• Scholastic book fair coming soon. The fair will be held at Meeker Elementary School Wednesday, Oct. 21 from 4-8 p.m. and Thursday, Oct 22 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Everyone is welcome. Visit www.scholastic.com /fair to check out the books that are available. Books for young and old are available. If you have questions call Kay Bivens at 970-878-9050.
Note: Events in the calendar are included at the discretion of the editor.