If you want your event included in the community calendar, e-mail the information to us by clicking here. Keep in mind this is a calendar of community events, and it’s not a vehicle for free advertising for an endeavor.
• WREA Co-op Connection Cards. WREA recently mailed out WREA Co-op Connections Cards to its members. The WREA Co-op Connection Card is a free card that provides WREA members with access to national and local discounts. For more information go to connections.coop/WhiteRiver Electric, www.wrea.org or www.meekerchamber.com.
• The 2016 Annual Craft & Gift Show will be Friday, Nov. 4 from 4–8 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 5 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the RBC Fairgrounds. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michelle Weston at 970-878-5563 to request a registration form. Booth space is $40.
• Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 6-9 p.m. at the Parker Mall. Bring your sewing machine and project.
• Adult Open Gym Volleyball begins Sept. 6 from 7:30-8:30 p.m. in the MES Gym. Adults 18+ invited to volleyball open gym. Program will continue each Tuesday until Nov. 15. Call 878-3403 or visit meekerrecdistrict.com.
• Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
• Adult Open Gym Pickleball, Sept. 7 from 1-2:30 p.m. in the Admin Gym. Adults 18+ invited to pickleball open gym. Program will continue each Wednesday until Nov. 16. Call 878-3403 or visit meekerrecdistrict.com.
• Meeker Recreation Center closed Monday, Sept. 5 for the Labor Day holiday. Normal hours resume Sept. 6. Call 878-3403 or visit meekerrecdistrict.com.
n Adult Open Gym Basketball begins 7:30-8:30 p.m. in the MES Gym. Adults 18+ invited to basketball open gym. Program will continue each Wednesday until Nov. 16. Call 878-3403 or visit meekerrecdistrict.com.
• Discover the Parks Sept. 6 from 9:30-11 a.m. at Town Park. Call 878-3403 or visit us online at meekerrecdistrict.com.
• WRBM Septemberfest cribbage tournament will be held Sunday, Sept. 4 beginning at 2 p.m. at the Rangely Elks Club at 633 Main St. This year’s tournament will be a single-play, double-elimination format. Tournament participation is $10 per person. All are welcome to participate.
• The Meeker Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). The next meeting with be Sept. 12. We will be discussing “The End of Your Life Book Club” by Wil Schwalbe. All interested readers are welcome. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
• Free legal clinic at Meeeker Public Library. Sept. 6 from 2-3:30 p.m. for parties who have no attorney. By computer link, volunteer attorneys will answer questions, help fill out forms, and explain the process and procedure for all areas of civil litigation, including family law, property law, probate law, collections, appeals, landlord-tenant law, small claims, veterans issues, and civil protection orders. Please contact the Meeker Public Library at 970- 878-5911 to be added to the sign-up sheet
Please send calendar items to email@example.com before 5 p.m. on Monday.
Note: Events in the calendar are included at the discretion of the editor.