If you want your event included in the community calendar, e-mail the information to us by clicking here. Keep in mind this is a calendar of community events, and it’s not a vehicle for free advertising for an endeavor.
• Science Friday with Doc Bob. Fridays from 10-11 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
• Gentlemen’s Group on Tuesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center Lounge. Thursdays at the VFW, 290 Fourth St., 10-11 a.m. Adults 50+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. Call 878-3403 or visit www.meekerrecdistrict.com for more information.
• Quilting Group. Tuesday evenings 6-9 p.m. at the Parker Mall. Bring your sewing machine and project.
• Game Day on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center Lounge. Adults 50+, stop by for refreshments, conversation, and a game of cards. Call 878-3403 or visit www.meekerrecdistrict.com for more information.
• Adult Pickleball on Wednesdays from 1-2 p.m. in the Admin Gym at the Meeker Rec Center. Call 878-3403 or visit www.meekerrecdistrict.com for more information.
• Children’s Story Hour. Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
• Rangely High School FFA Auction and Dinner, April 30 at 6 p.m. in the lower commons at RHS.
• Interested in starting a business in Colorado? Attend this free workshop brought to you by the Chamber of Commerce and Rio Blanco County. Instructors from the Colorado SBDC will be here to present “Starting a Business in Western Colorado” and “Creating Cash Flow Budget Projections” along with offering private one-on-one coaching sessions. The presentation will be at the Meeker Public Library April 28 from 5:30-8 p.m. with coaching sessions on Friday, April 29 at 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Call 970-878-5510 for more info or call to register at 970-243-5242.
• Free monthly movie May 2 at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library. March’s featured film: “The Intern” (Robert DeNiro, Anne Hathaway). Call 878-3403 or visit www.meekerrecdistrict.com for more information.
• Free legal clinic in Meeker Tuesday, May 3 from 2-3:30 p.m. at the Meeker Public Libary at 490 Main St. By computer link, volunteer attorneys will answer questions, help fill out forms, and explain the process and procedure for all areas of civil litigation, including family law, property law, probate law, collections, appeals, landlord-tenant law, small claims, veterans issues, and civil protection orders. Please contact the Meeker Public Library at 970-878-5911 to be added to the sign-up sheet.
• The Meeker Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). The next meeting with be May 9. We will be discussing “Trapeze” by Simon Mawer. All interested readers are welcome. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
• Free parenting seminar at Christ Reformed Church in Meeker on Friday, May 13 from 7-9 p.m. and Saturday, May 14 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Children welcome, snacks and lunch provided. Corner of 1st and Main. Please call 878-3181 to register.
Note: Events in the calendar are included at the discretion of the editor.