Listen to this post
– Father Daughter Ball 7-9 p.m. Apr. 12 at the Fairfield Center. Fathers and daughters of all ages, join us for our annual ball! Register at 970-878-3403 by Apr. 5 for $7 or pay $10 at the door. This year’s theme is denim and diamonds. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Rangely Hurricanes Swim Team Stroke Clinic. Apr. 15, 16 and 18 from 4-5 p.m. at the Rangely Rec Center. Stroke clinic is for anyone 18 and under who can swim the length of the pool in either freestyle or backstroke to try competitive swimming and review basic strokes. Returning swimmers get a chance to refresh their skills. If you are in another sport/activity but interested, contact Bethany Green at 970-675-8211. Parent meeting Thursday, April 18 after the clinic to learn more about the Hurricanes.
– Band Concerts. Meeker High School Band and Choir Concert Monday, Apr. 15, 7 p.m. BMS Band Concert Weds., Apr. 17, 7 p.m. Both concerts will take place at the Meeker High School auditorium.
– Rangely Rec Center Pool Easter Egg Hunt. Apr. 18 at 7 p.m. sharp. All ages are welcome. The pool will be sectioned off into age groups and plastic eggs full of surprises are to be found at the bottom of the pool. Bring a bucket or a bag. Cost is a donation to the backpack program (individual packaged items like granola bars, mac and cheese cups, or fruit snacks).
– Glow in the Dark Egg Hunt at Elks Park. Apr. 19 at 8:45 p.m. for children 6 and older. $7 per person. Deadline April 16. Bring a flashlight and something to put your eggs in. Meet at Elks Park to go on a search for glow-in-the-dark eggs. Special prices for special eggs.
– Arbor Day essays due Apr. 19. Turn in your Arbor Day essay to the Meeker Recreation Center for your chance to win a tree! More details at www.ERBMRec.com. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Meeker Recreation Center closed Apr. 21 for the Easter holiday. Normal hours resume Monday, Apr. 22. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Arbor Day tree planting Apr. 26 at noon at Paintbrush Park. Join ERBM as a tree is planted and learn if you are the winner of the essay contest! ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Projects in Grocery Sacks Apr. 26, 1 to 4 p.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center. Grab your crochet hooks and yarn and join us for an afternoon of crocheting and conversations. ERBM Recreation & Park District. 970-878-3403.
– Free Youth Open Gym Basketball (K through 6th grade): Thursdays at MES Gym. 1-2:30 p.m. through April 19. Youth under eight must have a parent/caregiver 13 or older present. ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Warrior at Heart men’s prayer group. Thursdays from 5:45 to 7 a.m. at the Meeker VFW. Non-denominational and non-doctrinal. www.waheart.com
– Tiny Open Gym Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Admin Gym. Bring your one to four year olds to this free open gym to burn off some energy. A gym supervisor will be present, but will not lead organized activities. Max three children per parent/caregiver. ERBM Recreation and Park District 970-878-3403.
– Art On A Kart Master the Masters. Mark your calendar for the third Thursday of each month. Invite your friends and hone your creativity and painting skills with an evening of art and friendship. Canvas, paint, drawing and painting techniques are included. $30 per person. This month’s Master the Masters will be “The Kiss” by Klimt on March 21 at 6 p.m. in the Meeker Coworking Space. Call or text Liz Waters 970-274-3794 to confirm or ask questions.
– Crafts class for middle school through high school teens. Every Friday at 1 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. There will be no classes May through August. Call 878-5911 or drop by to sign up.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays, 10 a.m.
– Meeker Lions Club meets every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at 290 Fourth St. New members are always welcome. It’s a great way to give back to the community and spend time with a fun group of people.
– Rangely Community Resource Pantry Winter Hours: Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and t he first and third Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Gentleman’s Group meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Adults 55+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Celebrate Recovery meetings every Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Meeker Assembly, Fourth and Market Street. Meeker Council of Churches.
– The Meeker Library Book Club will meet Monday, Apr. 8 at 1 p.m. to discuss “A Lady’s Life in the Rocky Mountains” by Isabella Bird. All interested readers are welcome to join in the fun. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Game Day for adults 55+ on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Stop by for refreshment, conversation and a game of cards.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Free Adult Open Gym Volleyball (18+): Tuesday at MES gym. 7:30-9 p.m. through May 14. ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Free Adult Open Gym Basketball (18+): Wednesdays at MES gym. 7:30-9 p.m. through May 15. ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Free Teen Open Gym Basketball (7th to 12th grade): Thursdays at MHS Gym. 6:30-8 p.m. through May 16. ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 1-9 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
– Tootsie Care Day has joined with Pioneers Hospital Home Health Foot Clinic. To help reduce confusion, Vicki will be at MVCC on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, to trim toenails of anyone who has trouble with the task. Please call PMC Home Health 970-878-9265 to schedule an appointment. Thank you.
Email events by 5 p.m. Monday to email@example.com