– Meeker Public Library is hosting a Friday craft class for middle school through high school teens. Each Friday in January will feature a jewelry making class beginning at 1 p.m. Space is limited to 10 participants. Call or come in to sign up now. 970-878-5911
– TOPS Open House Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), a national non-profit weight loss group, is having an open house event Wednesday, Jan. 16 from 5-6:30 p.m. in meeting room one at the Rangely Community Medical Health and Wellness Center. Let us help you with your weight loss goals.
– ERBM Membership Blitz Jan. 2-Jan. 15. Stop by or call the Meeker Recreation Center to purchase your annual membership at 50 percent off normal rates! Ends Jan. 15, 2019 at 8:30 p.m., no exceptions. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
–Family Ice Fishing Day Jan. 5. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lake Avery. Bundle up, grab your fishing rod and join ERBM and CPW for a day of ice fishing at Lake Avery. Free lunch will be provided and there will be a drawing for a wide variety of prizes. ERBM Recreation & Park District. 970-878-3403
–New Year New You Fitness Classes Start Jan. 7 at the Meeker Recreation center. Check out the group fitness classes for the new year! Details at www.ERBMRec.com ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
–Toddler Thursday at WRBM Jan. 8, 9 to 11 a.m. at the Rangely Rec Center for toddlers and their adult(s). $2 per child. Keep your little ones active indoors as the weather turns colder with age-appropriate exercise and play including tumbling mats, age-appropriate sports equipment and an inflatable slide.
–Little Basketball at the EEC Gym in Rangely Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30-7 p.m. for first and second graders. Improve your basketball skills! Please bring clean shoes. $25 per person, 12 minimum. Starts Jan. 7. Call WRBM at 675-8211 for more info.
–Adult volleyball meeting Jan. 7, 6:30 p.m. at the Rangely Rec Center. League begins Jan. 14 at Parkview emelentarion. All ages welcome. $115 per six-man team, $75 per four-man team. Four-team minimum. Deadline Jan. 9. Please carry in clean shoes and do not park in the fire lane. Call WRBM at 675-8211 for more info.
–Junior basketball for third-sixth graders Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:15 to 7 p.m. Runs Jan. 7-30 at Rangely High School. $25 per person, minimum 12. Deadline Jan. 7. Please bring in clean shoes. RHS basketball players will volunteer to help coach. Call WRBM at 675-8211 for more info.
–Ballet dance classes for three to six-year-olds start Jan. 7 at the Rangely Rec Center. $25 per person per month. Recital in May. Mondays and Tuesdays, 3-4 year olds 4-4:30 p.m., 5-6 year olds 4:30-5 p.m. Min 5/max 10. Deadline Jan. 18. Call WRBM at 675-8211 for more info.
–Learn to swim at the Rangely Rec Center starting Jan. 8. Mondays and Tuesdays, $30 per session. Min 3/max 6. Register by Jan. 4. Preschool lessons (3 to 6 year olds): level one 4:30-5 p.m., level two 5-5:30 p.m. Mommy & Me classes (6 mos.-3 years) 5:30-5:50 p.m. Contact Camilla Kennedy at 675-8211 to determine level.
– Projects in Grocery Sacks Jan. 11, 1 to 4 p.m. in the MRC MP Room. Adults 19 and older are invited to bring their yarn projects for an afternoon of crocheting, conversation and refreshments. ERBM Recreation & District 970-878-3403.
– Denver Nuggets Skills Challenge Jan. 11, 9 a.m. at MHS Gym. Youth ages 6-13 are invited to participate in this free challenge to show off their dribbling, passing and shooting skills. Forms available at www.ERBMRec.com. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Cardboard Derby Jan. 12, 9:30 a.m. at Paintbrush Park. get your boxes gathered and engineerd into the perfect cardboard sled and participate in the annual cardboard derby! A free breakfast will be served. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
– Meeker Lions Club meets every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at 290 Fourth St. New members are always welcome. It’s a great way to give back to the community and spend time with a fun group of people.
– Tiny Open Gym Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the admin gym. Bring your 1 to 4 year olds to this free open gym to burn off some energy. Runs through Feb. 26 (no session Jan. 1.) A gym supervisor will be present, but will not lead organized activities. Max three children per parent/caregiver. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Rangely Community Resource Pantry open Mondays from 4 to 6:30 p.m., Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the first and third Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Gentleman’s Group meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Adults 50+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. No session Jan. 1. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Celebrate Recovery meetings every Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Meeker Assembly, Fourth and Market Street. Meeker Council of Churches.
– The Meeker Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). All interested readers are welcome to join in the fun. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Game Day for adults 50-plus on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Stop by for refreshment, conversation and a game of cards.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Adult Open Gym Volleyball (18+): Tuesdays at MES gym. 7:30-9 p.m. through Feb. 26 (except Jan 1.) ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Adult Open Gym Basketball (18+): Wednesdays at MES gym. 7:30-9 p.m. through Feb. 27. ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 1-9 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
– Tootsie Care Day has joined with Pioneers Hospital Home Health Foot Clinic. To help reduce confusion, Vicki will be at MVCC on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, to trim toenails of anyone who has trouble with the task. Please call PMC Home Health 970-878-9265 to schedule an appointment. Thank you.
Email events by 5 p.m Monday to firstname.lastname@example.org