– Summer Line-Up Registration is now open for summer activities! ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
– WRBM CLOSED May 28 for Memorial Day. 970-675-8211.
– Meeker Recreation Center Modified Hours. The pool will be closed and the Meeker Recreation Center will be open from 8 a.m. until noon May 26. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
– Meeker Recreation Center CLOSED for Memorial Day, May 28, Normal hours resume Tuesday, May 29. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
– Run for Your Life 5K T-shirt design entries due May 29. Submit your design to be featured on the 2018 Run for Your Life 5K T-shirt! More info. at www.ERBMrec.com. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
– WRBM Summer Hours begin May 29. Building hours Mon. & Weds. 5:30 a.m.-8 p.m., Tues., Thurs. & Fri 5:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Sat. & Sun. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Pool hours Mon. & Weds. 6 a.m.-7:45 p.m., Tues., Thurs. & Fri 6 a.m.-6:45 p.m. Sat. & Sun. 12 p.m.-4:45 p.m. Child care Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and Mon.-Thurs. 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. 970-675-8211.
– Colorado Rockies Skills Challenge May 31, 10 a.m. at Paintbrush Park. Boys and girls ages 6-13 as of Dec. 31, 2018 are invited to this free competition! Participants will test their skills in base running, throwing and hitting. Forms available at the Meeker Recreation Center and online at www.ERBMrec.com. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-34035/31
– Let’s Go Bananas! WRBM trip to Bananas in Grand Junction June 1. $25/person (includes lunch.) Register by May 30. 970-675-8211.
– Channel Bob Ross, no experience necessary! Painting class at WRBM June 2 for those 15+. $50/person + $5 for canvas. Leave with a completed oil painting! 970-675-8211.
– Glenwood Caverns WRBM trip to June 8. Ziplining, laser tag, and a great time! Please pack a lunch. $40/person (6+ years.) Register by June 5. 970-675-8211.
– Sign up for WRBM Summer Activities including T-Ball, Wee Ball, Kids Dance Fitness, Kids Spin and Swim Lessons. Register by June 1. 970-675-8211.
– The Meeker Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). The next meeting will be June 11. All interested readers are welcome. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
– Tootsie Care Day at 290 Fourth St., June 16 from 12-3 p.m. Open to anyone 74 and under who has trouble with toenail trimming. Donations go the VFW and Auxiliary Scholarship fund.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Adult drop-in sports: Dodgeball Mondays at 7:30 p.m. in the MES gym. For 18 and older. Volleyball Tuesdays from 7:30-9 p.m. in the MES gym. Basketball Wednesdays from 7:30-9 p.m. in the MES gym. Pool Volleyball Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the MRC pool. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 1-9 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Gentleman’s Club meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center and each Thursday at 9 a.m. at the VFW, 290 4th St. in Meeker.
n Game Day for adults 50-plus on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Call 878-3403 or visit www.erbmrec.com.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James’ Episcopal Church—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
Please send calendar items to
5 p.m. on Monday.