Listen to this post
• Photography Show. By Colorado Northwestern photography students, Thursday, Nov. 19 from 7-9 p.m. in the Johnson Banquet Room at CNCC in Rangely.
• Science Friday with Doc Bob. Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
• Tot Spot Drop-in Childcare. Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center. (Evening times on Monday and Wednesday as well.) Ready to provide fun and affordable childcare while you enjoy the Meeker Recreation Center. Available for children ages 6 months to 6 years. More information at www.MeekerRecDistrict.com.
• Meeker Shooting Range. The range is open as of Nov. 16. Attention Club Members: Please mark your calendars for the annual Meeker Sportsman’s Club Kenny Johnson Memorial Turkey Shoot. This year’s Turkey Shoot will be held on Sunday, Nov. 22 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the range.
• The Meeker Library Bookclub meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). The next meeting will be Dec. 14. We will be discussing “Still Life” by Louise Penny. All interested readers are welcome. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
• Gentlemen’s Group. Tuesdays at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center Lounge for adults 50+. Stop by for refreshments and conversation.
• Community Networking Group meeting will be held Nov. 24 from 12-1:30 p.m. in the Weiss Conference Room at CNCC in Rangely. Rio Blanco County Commissioner Jon Hill will give information on this past year’s Rio Blanco County Commissioners’ activity and on future plans. There will also be a question and answer session. Pizza, salad and dessert will be served, so those interested are asked to RSVP to Becky Dubbert at 970-675-3301 by Nov. 23.
• Quilting Group. Tuesday evenings 6-9 p.m. at the Parker Mall. Bring your sewing machine and project.
• Adult Pickleball. From 1-2 p.m. Wednesdays in the Admin Gym at the Meeker Rec Center. Adults, come and give it your best shot at Pickleball—a racquet sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton and table tennis!
• Game Day. Wednesdays at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center Lounge for adults 50+. Stop by for refreshments, conversation and a game of cards.
• Children’s Story Hour. Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
• Food Bank Mobile Pantry. Thursday, Nov. 19 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Meeker Fairgrounds.
• Father-Daughter Ball. Registration deadline Nov. 25. Fathers and daughters of all ages are invited to the annual ball on Friday, Dec. 4 from 6-9 p.m. at the Fairfield Center. $15/person for the dinner and dance; $7/person for dance only.
• Parade of Lights entries due Wednesday, Dec. 2: Enter your float in the Parade of Lights! Contact the Chamber of Commerce for an entry form at 878-5510.
• Meeker Recreation Center Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday on Nov. 26-27. The Center will also close at 2 p.m. Nov. 25. Normal hours resume Nov. 28.