Meeker Dispatch Center administered 25,893 phone calls last year including 1,429 911 calls, 2,994 calls for Meeker PD and dispatchers placed 8,105 outgoing calls. A total of 8,866 calls for service were created.
Note the department breakdown of calls may differ from the total number reported due to individual incidents with multiple agencies responding.
– Law enforcement conducted 1470 traffic stops
– Sheriff’s Deputies had 868 stops, issued 172 citations
– Meeker PD performed 629 stops, issued 119 citations
– There were 17 DUI stops and 18 traffic arrests.
– 80 traffic crashes were investigated by MPD and RBSO.
– Both departments assisted Colorado State Patrol with 263 calls.
– Sheriff’s Deputies responded to 3,277 requests for service
– 145 911 misdials, six abandoned vehicles, 30 alarms, 306 animal calls, eight assaults, 192 assists with Meeker Fire, 87 assists with MPD, 94 assists with other agencies, 26 with Rangely Fire, 24 with Rangely Ambulance, 228 with Rangely PD, 18 attended deaths, six ATV accidents, one auto theft, 10 backcountry rescues, 62 business checks, 2 cases of child abuse, 161 citizen assists, 43 civil calls, five criminal mischief, 41 disturbances, 10 domestic violence calls, four fires, 33 wildland fires, 14 forest service patrols, five fraud cases, seven funeral escorts, 12 cases of harassment, three hazmat incidents, three illegal dumpings, 10 juvenile problems cases, 28 K-9 searches, two MIP, four M-1 transports, five missing persons, 204 motorist assists, six narcotics cases, four parking violations, 16 property, two protection order violations, 19 ranch checks, five residential checks, three restraining order violations, five search and rescues, 31 security checks, two sex crimes, one suicide, 184 suspicious incidents, 16 sexual offender address verifications, 23 thefts, 35 traffic crashes, 18 traffic arrests, 123 traffic complaints, 77 traffic hazards, 18 trespass calls, nine unattended deaths, 141 VIN inspections, one weapons offense and 110 warrant arrests.
Meeker Police Department responded to 3,627 requests for service:
– 111 911 misdials, 11 abandoned vehicles, 46 alarms, 381 animal calls, nine assaults, 158 assists with Meeker Fire, 20 assists with CSP, 36 assists with other agencies, 54 assists with RBCSO, five attended deaths, 810 business checks, 196 citizen assists, 75 civil calls, 98 code enforcement, 13 criminal mischief, 64 disturbances, eight domestic violence, seven DUIs, two fires, 14 fraud cases, 12 funeral escorts, five gas skips, 18 harassment calls, 41 juvenile problems, two MIP, seven M-1 transports, five missing persons, 93 motorist assists, two narcotics cases, 22 parking violations, 23 property calls, 12 security checks, two restraining order violations, one suicide, 211 suspicious incidents, 38 thefts, 44 traffic crashes, 12 traffic arrests, 68 traffic complaints, seven traffic hazards, five trespass calls, two unattended deaths, 12 warrant arrests. 182 VIN inspections.
Meeker Fire and Rescue responded to 475 calls:
– 20 alarms, 23 assists with CSP, 103 medical transports, 254 requests for ambulance or fire department, three fires, 12 wildland fires, 11 traffic crashes, two unattended deaths, one suicide, six backcountry rescues, four ATV crashes and assisted other agencies on 12 calls.
Rio Blanco Detentions
– Booked in 281 individuals, 198 males and 83 females, 176 jail transports, 110 warrant arrests.
This information is a weekly review of the calls for service that were requested at the Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Communications Office. If you have any questions or would like an explanation of the call types listed please call 878-9600. We will not regularly post any information as to the names or addresses on any incident.