The Meeker Herald — 125 years ago
• Mr. J. A. Martin and Mrs. Leana Collins were united in marriage last Wednesday by Judge Charles Attix. Mr. Martin is well known on White River, and identified as a rising young cattleman, and the bridge comes from Dillon.
• An engine came in Monday, consigned to Chris, the barber. The hand pump used in supplying his bathrooms proved inadequate, so he purchased a combined engine and pump. The Electric Light Co. has about perfected arrangements whereby the electric plant of machinery will get its motive power from Chris’ engine.
The Meeker Herald — 75 years ago
• Mr. and Mrs. Paul Dunn, managers of Elk Lodge, have closed the lodge for the winter and last weekend moved to town for winter. Several new summer homes were built at the club the past year as well as many other additions to the grounds and clubhouse buildings.
• Mrs. B. L. Jefferson was up from Grand Junction this week visiting at the home of Mr. and Mrs. L. B. Wallbridge for a few days.
The Meeker Herald — 25 years ago
• Home for the weekend to visit with Lon and Bette Carnahan were daughters Janice and Stan Peters of Colorado Springs and Chris of Grand Junction. Along with David, the family enjoyed dinner at Sleepy Cat on Saturday night as David will head back to Maui, Hawaii, on Thursday.
• Ed and Lee Jirak traveled in to Denver this past weekend to hear the Denver Symphony Choir sing Haydn’s “Lord Nelson Mass” at Boettcher Hall.
Rangely Times — 50 years ago
• Those entertained last weekend by Mr. and Mrs. Max Pope were Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Smith from Pocatello, Idaho. They are the aunt and uncle of Mrs. Pope.
• Mrs. Lila Nickle of Roosevelt, Utah spent last week with her daughter, Mrs. Ethel Taylor. Ethel took her mother home Sunday.
Rangely Times — 40 years ago
• Mr. and Mrs. Martin Davis and the Larry Davis family visited with their daughter, Iris Davis, in Grand Junction on Saturday. Iris is attending Intermountain Bible College there.
• Mrs. John Comstock is in Denver visiting her daughter, Mrs. Jessie Crescentini and family. She will also visit Peggy Zenobia and family in Colorado Springs before returning home. Peggy is also a Comstock daughter.
Rangely Times — 30 years ago
• Bill and Joye Hume would like to announce the newest trainee on the Nichols Store staff: Amanda Nicole. She arrived at the Rangely District Hospital at 8:42 a.m on Oct. 1, 1983, for her job physical. She weighed in at 8 lbs. 6 oz. and is 19 1/2-inches long.
• Wilmer and Sandra Lankford of Rangely announce the birth of John Paul Lankford. He was born Oct. 21,1983, at Pioneers Hospital in Meeker at 12:30 a.m. He weighed 6 pounds, 7 1/2 ounces and measured 19 inches long.