MEEKER I At about 3 p.m. on April 22, fire destroyed the home of Glen and Rose Abbott at 1107 Pinyon St. The garage was spared when Meeker firefighters on Engine 1 were able to contain the blaze. No one was in the house at the time, and there were no injuries.
MEEKER I Potential calamity was averted when John Wix successfully extinguished a fire Friday evening that had ignited a utility pole, threatening the power lines overhead.
PICEANCE CREEK I The Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call at 9:29 p.m. last Thursday that a structure was on fire at 23404 County Road 5, which is in the rural Piceance Creek area, 45 miles southwest of Meeker. According to a press release from the sheriff’s office, when the first deputy […]
A residence at 340 Park St. in Meeker was damaged Friday, when hot grease from the family barbecue grill dripped onto the propane line to the barbecue, which “compromised the propane line,” leading to the fire, Fire Chief Steve Allen said Wednesday. Homeowners Jason Hightower and Mandi Etheridge said no one was injured. Allen said […]
Dear Editor: Two weeks after the Rangely 4-H pen fire, we can’t thank enough the individuals and businesses who have poured their hearts into helping this organization and its kids rebuild!
RANGELY I A fire ignited by an electrical source killed five pigs and injured two more in one of two Rangely 4-H community pens on Monday afternoon.
RANGELY I A house fire broke out early Monday morning south of Rangely, severely damaging the home and resulting in a female living at the residence being taken to Rangely District Hospital with minor injuries, the Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Office reported.
MEEKER I The Meeker Fire and Police departments received two calls of residential fires this past weekend. The first call, located at 637 10th St., came in to Rio Blanco County Dispatch about 4:55 a.m. on Saturday. That call was made by townhouse owner Sharon Purkey, who stated she had been at her mother’s house […]
The Meeker volunteer fire department responded to a grill fire and gas leak reported at the Meeker Café Tuesday. Local police evacuated people from the surrounding buildings while the fire was extinguished and gas lines were turned off and checked. The Café was expected to reopen Wednesday night or Thursday morning.