– Meeker Summer Rodeo Series Thursdays at 7 p.m. at RBC Fairgrounds. June 27–FREE ADMISSION SPONSORED BY WREA. July 11, 18, 25; Aug. 1, 8 and 15. $5 at gate, 12 and under at 65+ free! Nightly raffle.
– Gentleman’s Group “Geezer Gather” every Thursday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Veteran’s Community Center. 290 4th Street. Adults 55+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. 970-878-3758.
– Warrior at Heart men’s prayer group. Thursdays from 5:45 to 7 a.m. at the Meeker VFW. Non-denominational and non-doctrinal. www.waheart.com
– Art On A Kart Master the Masters. Mark your calendar for the third Thursday of each month for an evening of art and friendship. Canvas, paint, drawing and painting techniques are included. $30 per person. Call or text Liz Waters 970-274-3794 to confirm or ask questions.
– RESCHEDULED MHS Track Clinic June 28, 10 a.m. to noon at the Bob King Track at MHS. Youth entering K-8th grade are invited to this FREE track clinic. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
– Free Swim Friday Enjoy a free swimming day with the family on Friday, June 28 from 4-6 p.m. at the Rangely Rec Center.
– Meeker’s Farmers Market Saturday, June 29, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
– Pageant Practice Sunday, June 30 at 7 p.m., Monday, July 1 at 7 p.m., Tuesday, July 2 at 8 p.m. Fairgrounds.
– Meeker Recreation Center CLOSED July 4. Join ERBM downtown for the 5K, free concert and Stars-n-Stripes 3-on-3 Basketball tournament. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Surf-n-Turf Dinner Get your tickets now for the WRBM 4th of July surf-n-turf dinner at Cedar Ridges Golf Course Friday, July 5 at 6:30 p.m. $25 surf-n-turf meal ticket, $5 kids’ hot dog meal ticket. Call or come by the Rangely Rec Center, 970-675-8211. Hurry, tickets go fast.
– Rib Cook-Off Who makes the best ribs? Find out at the rib cook-off Saturday, July 6 at Elks Park in Rangely. Cash prizes awarded for 1st-3rd place. For contest entry details and rules, call 970-675-8211, or check Facebook under Rangely Rec.
– Pie Baking Contest Bring your best fruit or cream pie to the Elks Park Playground Pavilion in Rangely Saturday, July 6 by 11:45 a.m. for a chance to win a cash prize. For contest entry details and rules, call 970-675-8211, or check Facebook under Rangely Rec.
– The Meeker Library Book Club will be reading “Foundation” by Isaac Asimov. We will discuss the book on Monday, July 8 at 1 p.m. All are welcome to join in the fun.
– Dance Camp Learn new moves or brush up on old ones at the Rangely Rec Center Dance Camp for kids July 8-11. $7 per child. Signup deadline July 5. Ballet for 3-5 year olds, drill team for 6-10 year olds and hip hop for 6-10 year old boys and girls.
– Drop-In Adult Volleyball Mondays, July 8 through Aug. 12 at 7 p.m. Adults 16 and older are invited to the outdoor adult drop-in volleyball program. Drop-in volleyball at Town Park will run July 8-August 12 on Monday evenings from 7pm-8:30pm. A minimum of four participants must arrive by 7:15pm or the program will be cancelled for the night. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Inflatable Pool Party July 12 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the MRC Pool. Inflatables and games will be out for this pool party for all ages! Normal MRC fees and rules apply. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– MHS Summer Jam Basketball Clinic July 16, 10-noon at MES Gym. Free basketball clinic for youth entering K-8th grades. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
– Summer Entertainment Series Concert No. 3 Downtown Pavilion July 19, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Valle Musico, a guitar based band with jazz, classical, Latin, and world fusion musical elements, will be performing at this free summer concert. Downtown will be full of activities with the Farmers Market, a beer garden, cornhole boards, and a bounce house. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays, 10 a.m.
– Meeker Lions Club meets every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at 290 Fourth St. New members are always welcome. It’s a great way to give back to the community and spend time with a fun group of people.
– A Night Under Our Stars discussion group for those interested in UFOs, spirits and other strange things. Please bring your stories. White River Museum, every 2nd Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m.
– Rangely Community Resource Pantry Winter Hours: Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the first and third Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Gentleman’s Group meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Adults 55+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Celebrate Recovery meetings every Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Meeker Assembly, Fourth and Market Street. Meeker Council of Churches.
– Game Day for adults 55+ on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Stop by for refreshment, conversation and a game of cards.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 1-9 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Foot Clinic. Pioneers Hospital Home Health Foot Clinic will be at MVCC on the second Wednesday of each month, to trim toenails of anyone who has trouble with the task. Please call PMC Home Health 970-878-9265 to schedule an appointment. Thank you.
Email events by 5 p.m. Monday to firstname.lastname@example.org