– March Madness Fitness Challenge begins March 1. MRC/MRC Fit Room/MRC Pool/Admin Gym/MES. Pick up a challenge card at MRC for $25 and earn points throughout the month for swimming, working out, attending programs and more! More details at the Meeker Recreation Center. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Spring group fitness and spring pool hours begin March 5. Call 878-3403 or visit www.erbmrec.com.
– Rangely 4-H Council Meeting March 6 at 6:30 p.m. at the Annex Building.
– Tootsie Care Day at 290 Fourth St., March 10 from 12-3 p.m. Open to anyone 74 and under who has trouble with toenail trimming. Donations go the VFW and Auxiliary Scholarship fund.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Adult drop-in sports: Dodgeball Mondays at 7:30 p.m. in the MES gym. For 18 and older. Volleyball Tuesdays from 7:30-9 p.m. in the MES gym. Basketball Wednesdays from 7:30-9 p.m. in the MES gym. Pool Volleyball Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the MRC pool. Call 878-3403 for details.
– The Meeker Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). The next meeting is March 12. We will be discussing “Princesses Behaving Badly: Real Stories From History Without the Fairy-Tale Ending” by Linda Rodriguez McRobbie All interested readers are welcome. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 1-9 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Gentleman’s Club meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center and each Thursday at 9 a.m. at the VFW, 290 4th St. in Meeker.
– Game Day for adults 50-plus on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Call 878-3403 or visit www.erbmrec.com.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James’ Episcopal Church—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
– Frontier Fellowship gathering Fridays at 7 p.m. in the upstairs meeting room at 592 Main St. (Hugus Building) in Meeker. Email email@example.com for more information.