Listen to this post
– Tootsie Care Day at 290 Fourth St., March 10 from 12-3 p.m. Open to anyone 74 and under who has trouble with toenail trimming. Donations go the VFW and Auxiliary Scholarship fund.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Adult drop-in sports: Dodgeball Mondays at 7:30 p.m. in the MES gym. For 18 and older. Volleyball Tuesdays from 7:30-9 p.m. in the MES gym. Basketball Wednesdays from 7:30-9 p.m. in the MES gym. Pool Volleyball Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the MRC pool. Call 878-3403 for details.
– The Meeker Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). The next meeting is March 12. We will be discussing “Princesses Behaving Badly: Real Stories From History Without the Fairy-Tale Ending” by Linda Rodriguez McRobbie All interested readers are welcome. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 1-9 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Gentleman’s Club meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center and each Thursday at 9 a.m. at the VFW, 290 4th St. in Meeker.
– Game Day for adults 50-plus on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Call 878-3403 or visit www.erbmrec.com.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James’ Episcopal Church—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
– Community Enrichment Series at Mountain Valley Bank monthly, on the second and fourth Tuesday. Watch for posted fliers, Chamber of Commerce texts and Facebook postings for event specifics. RBC Small Business Development Center available for guidance at MVB on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. MVB mortgage lender available on the fourth Tuesday of each month to answer questions and assist with your mortgage needs.
– The annual St. Patrick’s Dinner hosted by Holy Family Catholic Church will be held on Sunday, March 25.
– Hunters Education deadline for the March 16-18 class is March 12. Register today for $10 at the Meeker Recreation Center or by calling 970-878-3403.