TODAY! – Gentleman’s Group “Geezer Gather” every Thursday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Veteran’s Community Center. 290 4th Street. Adults 55+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. 970-878-3758.
TODAY! – M.A.M.B.A. Thursday, May 2, 6 p.m. at the Hugus Building, upstairs. Join us for the second meeting of the Meeker Area Mountain Biking Association.
– Swim Lessons (WRBM) for ages 6+ (unless approved) begin May 7. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. $30/session, deadline May 3. Contact Camilla Kennedy at 675-8211 to determine level.
– Redstone Castle Trip (WRBM) Leaving Rangely at 8:30 a.m. May 17, adults only. $30 per person, May 3 deadline. Bring lunch money.
– 19th Annual Dance at Tumbling Recital. May 4 and 5 at the MHS Auditorium, free entry. More details in the ERBM Spring Line-Up at ERBMrec.com. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Iddy Biddy Sports (WRBM) every Monday from 4-4:30 p.m. starting May 6. Kids 3-6 will learn a different sport or do a new activity every day. $7 per person.
– Mother’s Day Craft (WRBM) May 9 from 4 to 4:45 p.m. All ages welcome, 5 and under must be accompanied by an adult. $10. Deadline May 6. Make mom a special something to keep!
– MHS Free Baseball Clinic for boys and girls K-eighth grade. May 7, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Paintbrush Park. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Tiny Open Gym Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Admin Gym. Bring your one to four year olds to this free open gym to burn off some energy. A gym supervisor will be present, but will not lead organized activities. Max three children per parent/caregiver. ERBM Recreation and Park District 970-878-3403.
– Summer Line-Up Registration Begins May 13. Check out ERBMrec.com to see the newest issue on May 10. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– The Meeker Library Book Club will meet Monday, May 13 at 1 p.m. to discuss “The Magnificent Mountain Women” by Janet Robertson. All interested readers are welcome to join in the fun. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
– A Night Under the Sky – Answers to the Unknown May 14, 6:30 p.m. at Meeker Heritage Culture Center. For more information call 970-596-5230.
– Youth Softball Clinic (WRBM) May 20-24, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Kids 7+ can join the CNCC softball coaches and learn skills to become a better softball player. Free! Contact coaches Danielle Walker, 815-721-0933 or Hailey Kofran, 641-251-4741 with any questions. Sign up by May 15.
– 5K T-Shirt Contest Deadline May 16. Turn in your design for the 2019 Run For Your Life 5K T-shirt at Meeker Recreation Center. Rules and more information in the Spring Line-Up at ERBMrec.com. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– MRC Pool CLOSED May 22-27 for annual maintenance. Pool re-opens Tuesday, May 28. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– MRC Annual Shutdown May 23-27. Meeker Recreation Center CLOSED to the public for annual maintenance. Regular hours resume Tuesday, May 28. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Rangely Hurricanes Swim Team (WRBM) After school practice started April 22 but it’s not too late to join! Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Summer practice begins May 28. Full time ($100) – all swim meets, all practices. Part time ($70) home meet, one other meet of choice, all practices. Ages 8 and under or 9+. To register visit rangelyhurricanes.com. For questions call Samantha Manchester, 605-237-1039. If you’re in another sport currently but are interested in swim team, call Bethany Green, 970-675-8211.
– Rockies Skills Challenge. May 30 at Paintbrush Park, 10 a.m. Boys and girls ages 6-13 (as of Dec. 31, 2019) are invited to this challenge that will test their skills in running, throwing and hitting. Forms and rules at the Meeker Recreation Center or online at ERBMrec.com. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Warrior at Heart men’s prayer group. Thursdays from 5:45 to 7 a.m. at the Meeker VFW. Non-denominational and non-doctrinal. www.waheart.com
– Art On A Kart Master the Masters. Mark your calendar for the third Thursday of each month for an evening of art and friendship. Canvas, paint, drawing and painting techniques are included. $30 per person. Call or text Liz Waters 970-274-3794 to confirm or ask questions.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays, 10 a.m.
– Meeker Lions Club meets every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at 290 Fourth St. New members are always welcome. It’s a great way to give back to the community and spend time with a fun group of people.
– Rangely Community Resource Pantry Winter Hours: Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and t he first and third Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Gentleman’s Group meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Adults 55+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Celebrate Recovery meetings every Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Meeker Assembly, Fourth and Market Street. Meeker Council of Churches.
– Game Day for adults 55+ on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker
Recreation Center lounge. Stop by for refreshment, conversation and a game of cards.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Free Adult Open Gym Volleyball (18+): Tuesdays at MES gym. 7:30-9 p.m. through May 14. ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
– Free Adult Open Gym Basketball (18+): Wednesdays at MES gym. 7:30-9 p.m. through May 15. ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Free Teen Open Gym Basketball (7th to 12th grade): Thursdays at MHS Gym. 6:30-8 p.m. through May 16. ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 1-9 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Foot Clinic. Pioneers Hospital Home Health Foot Clinic will be at MVCC on the second Wednesday of each month, to trim toenails of anyone who has trouble with the task. Please call PMC Home Health 970-878-9265 to schedule an appointment. Thank you.
Email events by 5 p.m. Monday to email@example.com