– Fair Board Meeting May 23, 6 p.m., Rangely Annex Building
– Gentleman’s Group “Geezer Gather” every Thursday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Veteran’s Community Center. 290 4th Street. Adults 55+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. 970-878-3758.
– Warrior at Heart men’s prayer group. Thursdays from 5:45 to 7 a.m. at the Meeker VFW. Non-denominational and non-doctrinal. www.waheart.com
– 2019 Summer Reading Program starts June 1 at the Meeker Public Library. The program runs through July 31. You can sign-up starting May 28 and start your reading. Earn prizes for reading books you enjoy.
– Tiny Open Gym Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Admin Gym. Bring your one to four year olds to this free open gym to burn off some energy. A gym supervisor will be present, but will not lead organized activities. Max three children per parent/caregiver. ERBM Recreation and Park District 970-878-3403.
– The Meeker Library Book Club will meet Monday, June 10 at 1 p.m. to discuss “Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens. All interested readers are welcome to join in the fun. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
– Lifeguard Training. Want to become a lifeguard? Learn all the skills and techniques required. May 29-31, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Rangely Rec Center. Ages 15 and up, $50 per person. Please bring a swimsuit. Deadline May 24.
– MRC Pool CLOSED May 22-27 for annual maintenance. Pool re-opens Tuesday, May 28. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– MRC Annual Shutdown May 23-27. Meeker Recreation Center CLOSED to the public for annual maintenance. Regular hours resume Tuesday, May 28. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Rangely Hurricanes Swim Team (WRBM) After school practice started April 22 but it’s not too late to join! Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Summer practice begins May 28. Full time ($100) – all swim meets, all practices. Part time ($70) home meet, one other meet of choice, all practices. Ages 8 and under or 9+. To register visit rangelyhurricanes.com. For questions call Samantha Manchester, 605-237-1039. If you’re in another sport currently but are interested in swim team, call Bethany Green, 970-675-8211.
– Rockies Skills Challenge. May 30 at Paintbrush Park, 10 a.m. Boys and girls ages 6-13 (as of Dec. 31, 2019) are invited to this challenge that will test their skills in running, throwing and hitting. Forms and rules at the Meeker Recreation Center or online at ERBMrec.com. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Art On A Kart Master the Masters. Mark your calendar for the third Thursday of each month for an evening of art and friendship. Canvas, paint, drawing and painting techniques are included. $30 per person. Call or text Liz Waters 970-274-3794 to confirm or ask questions.
– Wee Ball. Just like T-ball, but with whiffle balls for ages 2-4 (must be 2 by Sept. 1) every Monday and Wednesday from 5:15 to 5:45 p.m. at the baseball field by the Rangely Rec Center. Starts June 3. $25 per person. Deadline June 1. Bring water.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays, 10 a.m.
– Meeker Lions Club meets every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at 290 Fourth St. New members are always welcome. It’s a great way to give back to the community and spend time with a fun group of people.
– Rangely Community Resource Pantry Winter Hours: Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and t he first and third Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
– Co-ed Softball League informational meeting June 4 at 6:30 p.m. at the Rangely Rec Center. Men and women 18+. Season starts June 11. All rosters and fees due June 11. $125 per person. Call 970-675-8211 for more information.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Gentleman’s Group meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Adults 55+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Celebrate Recovery meetings every Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Meeker Assembly, Fourth and Market Street. Meeker Council of Churches.
– Game Day for adults 55+ on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Stop by for refreshment, conversation and a game of cards.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Free Adult Open Gym Volleyball (18+): Tuesdays at MES gym. 7:30-9 p.m. through May 14. ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
– Free Adult Open Gym Basketball (18+): Wednesdays at MES gym. 7:30-9 p.m. through May 15. ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Free Teen Open Gym Basketball (7th to 12th grade): Thursdays at MHS Gym. 6:30-8 p.m. through May 16. ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 1-9 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Foot Clinic. Pioneers Hospital Home Health Foot Clinic will be at MVCC on the second Wednesday of each month, to trim toenails of anyone who has trouble with the task. Please call PMC Home Health 970-878-9265 to schedule an appointment. Thank you.
Email events by 5 p.m. Monday to email@example.com
– Fair Board Meeting May 23, 6 p.m., Rangely Annex Building