– 4-H Open House: Meeker: October 17, 2019, 6 to 8 p.m., 4H Building. Rangely: October 30, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Rangely Town Hall
– Group Fitness–Session 3 Early Bird Oct. 18 at the Meeker Recreation Center. Register for early bird prices for Session 3 group fitness classes! More information at ERBMrec.com. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Haunted Pool Party Join us at the Rangely Rec Center Oct. 24 from 7-9 p.m. for a spooky pool party. Snacks provided, bring your swimsuits All ages welcome, 6 and under must be accompanied by an adult. $7 per person. Deadline Oct. 22. Contact WRBM for more info at 970-675-8211.
– Fair Board Meeting Oct. 24, 2019 at the Extention Office Kitchen, Meeker, 6:00 P.M.
– Howl-a-Baloo Come dressed in your favorite Halloween costume. Kids will trick or treat around town, play Halloween games, and have a spooky lunch Oct. 25 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for all ages (6 and under must be accompanied by an adult). $8 per person. Deadline Oct. 17. Contact WRBM for more info at 970-675-8211.
– Costume 5K Saturday, Oct. 26 at Elks Park in Rangely. Registration 9:30 a.m., run begins at 10 a.m. All ages welcome. $30 for runners. Contact WRBM for more info at 970-675-8211.
– Pumpkins Eats ‘n Treats Oct. 31 from 4:30 to 6 p.m. at the downtown plaza. Trick-or-treating, costume parade and costume contest! ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– The 2019 Annual Craft & Gift Show will be Friday, Nov. 1 from 4 to 8 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 2 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the RBC Fairgrounds. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michelle Weston at 970-878-5563 to request a registration form. Booth space is $40.
– Itty Bitty Spooktacular Pool Party Nov. 1 at the MRC Pool, 9 a.m. to noon. Halloween-themed pool party for youth ages 7 and under. Normal MRC fees and rules apply. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– The Meeker Library Book Club will be reading 8:55 to Baghdad by Andrew Eames. We will discuss the book on Monday, Nov. 11 at 1 p.m. All are welcome to join in the fun.
– Gentleman’s Group “Geezer Gather” every Thursday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Veteran’s Community Center. 290 4th Street. Adults 55+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. 970-878-3758.
– Friday Craft Class for middle school through adults. Every Friday at 1 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. October’s craft will be Macrame. Space is limited to 8 participants. Call 878-5911 or drop by to sign up.
– Drop-in adult volleyball Tuesdays at the MES Gym. Adult (18+) drop-in volleyball will run September 10–November 19 on Tuesday evenings from 7:30-9 p.m. A minimum of four participants must arrive by 7:45 p.m. or the program will be cancelled for the night. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Drop-in adult pickleball Thursdays at the Admin Gym. Adult (18+) drop-in pickleball will run September 12–November 21 (no session October 31) on Thursday evenings from 7:30-9 p.m. A minimum of four participants must arrive by 7:45 p.m. or the program will be cancelled for the night. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Drop-in adult basketball Wednesdays at the MES Gym. Adult (18+) drop-in basketball will run through November 20 on Wednesday evenings from 7:30-9 p.m. A minimum of four participants must arrive by 7:45 p.m. or the program will be cancelled for the night. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Friday Free Time 10 a.m. Fridays at the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Adults (18+) are invited to enjoy some social time with other adults during this free gathering time at MRC. If you have children, take advantage of Tot-Spot or the pool (all Tot-Spot and pool rules apply). No program on November 29. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held Tuesday and Thursday nights from 7–8 p.m. at New Creation Church, Rangely.
– Art On A Kart Master the Masters. Mark your calendar for the third Thursday of each month for an evening of art and friendship. Canvas, paint, drawing and painting techniques are included. $30 per person. Call or text Liz Waters 970-274-3794 to confirm or ask questions.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays, 10 a.m.
– Meeker Lions Club meets every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at 290 Fourth St. New members are always welcome. It’s a great way to give back to the community and spend time with a fun group of people.
– A Night Under Our Stars discussion group for those interested in UFOs, spirits and other strange things. Please bring your stories. White River Museum, every 2nd Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Rangely Community Resource Pantry Hours: Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the first and third Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Gentleman’s Group meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Adults 55+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Celebrate Recovery meetings every Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Meeker Assembly, Fourth and Market Street. Meeker Council of Churches.
– Game Day for adults 55+ on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Stop by for refreshment, conversation and a game of cards.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 2-9 p.m. at WREA’s Kilowatt Korner. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making personal and comfort quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Foot Clinic. Pioneers Hospital Home Health Foot Clinic will be at MVCC on the second Wednesday of each month, to trim toenails of anyone who has trouble with the task. Please call PMC Home Health 970-878-9265 to schedule an appointment. Thank you.
– The VFW, American Legion and their Auxiliaries will meet the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at 290 4th St. For further information call (970)878-5326.
Email calendar events by 5 p.m. Mondays to email@example.com