Listen to this post
• Science Friday with Doc Bob. Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
• Please join Court Appointed Special Advocates in making a difference in the lives of abused and neglected children in our communities. CASA volunteers work with other stakeholders in the Dependency and Neglect Court System to advocate for the needs of children in court. CASA volunteers must be 18, submit to a thorough background check, be able to commit to 18 months as a volunteer, be computer literate and willing to complete a 30 hour training. Our next training will begin Jan. 18. If you are interested in learning more, please call us at 970-987-4332, or visit our website www.casaoftheninth.org/volunteers.
• Hoops for Charity 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament Dec. 22 at 9 a.m. in the MHS gym. Teams of three-four players are invited to the sixth annual tournament for 3rd-12th grades. 970-878-3403; www.meekerrecdistrict.com
• Meeker Recreation Center holiday hours: Meeker Recreation Center closed Dec. 25-26 for Christmas holiday. Will close at Noon on Thursday, Dec, 31 and be closed Friday, Jan. 1 in celebration of New Year’s. Regular hours resume Jan. 2. 970-878-3403; www.meekerrecdistrict.com
• Tot Spot Drop-in Childcare. Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center. (Evening times on Monday and Wednesday as well.) Ready to provide fun and affordable childcare while you enjoy the Meeker Recreation Center. Available for children ages 6 months to 6 years. More information at www.meekerrecdistrict.com.
• The Meeker Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). The next meeting will be Jan. 11. We will be discussing “On the Origin of Tepees: the Evolution of Ideas” by Jonnie Hughes. All interested readers are welcome. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
• Adult Pickleball. From 1-2 p.m. Wednesdays in the Admin Gym at the Meeker Rec Center. Adults, come and give it your best shot at Pickleball—a racquet sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton and table tennis!
• Game Day. Wednesdays at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center Lounge for adults 50+. Stop by for refreshments, conversation and a game of cards.
• Children’s Story Hour. Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
• Quilting Group. Tuesday evenings 6-9 p.m. at the Parker Mall. Bring your sewing machine and project.
• Gentlemen’s Group. Tuesdays at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center Lounge for adults 50+. Stop by for refreshments and conversation.