Listen to this post
• Meeker Shooting Range. The range will be closed starting Oct. 8 and will be closed through Nov. 15. Sight-in days will be Oct. 8, 9, 15, 16, 29 and 30 as well as Nov. 10. The range will be open for sight in only from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
• Meet the candidates for Rangely School Board. Monday at 7 p.m. at the Rangely High School. Sponsored by the Rangely Community Education Association.
• County open house. Rio Blanco County is hosting an open house to present conceptual designs for Columbine Park facilities. The public meeting will be on Tuesday from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at the Jockey Shack, located at Columbine Park, just east of Rangely. Any questions can be directed to Katelin Cook, the country’s director of economic development, at 970-878-9474 or by email: email@example.com.
• Quilting Group. Tuesday evenings 6-9 p.m. White River Electric Public Meeting room. Bring your sewing machine and project.
• Gentlemen’s Group. Tuesdays at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center Lounge for adults 50+. Stop by for refreshments and conversation.
• Foot Clinic. Pioneers Hospital Home Health will be offering the monthly Foot Clinic on Wednesday, Oct. 14 at 1 p.m. at the Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall, 779 Sulphur Creek Rd. Please note new time and location! A certified nurse assistant will trim toenails, provide skin care and check blood pressures. Persons found to have circulatory or foot problems will be referred to a physician. Please call 878-9265 to schedule an appointment.
• Adult Pickleball. From 1-2 p.m. Wednesdays in the Admin Gym at the Meeker Rec Center. Adults, come and give it your best shot at Pickleball—a racquet sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton and table tennis!
• Game Day. Wednesdays at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center Lounge for adults 50+. Stop by for refreshments, conversation and a game of cards.
• Children’s Story Hour. Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
• Science Friday with Doc Bob. Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
• Candy donations sought. As has become traditional, residents in Pioneer Medical Center’s Walbridge Wing are asking hospital staff and members of the Meeker community for donations of Halloween candy they can hand out to trick-or-treaters. The donations can either be taken to the new hospital location or folks can drop off the donations at the home health office next to the old hospital in Meeker.
• Meeker School District School Board Candidate Forum. Thursday, Oct. 15 at 7 p.m. at the Meeker High School.