• Volunteers still needed for sheepdog trials. Volunteers are still needed to work the Meeker Classic Sheepdog Trials, which run now through Sunday at Ute Park in Meeker. It is a great way to meet people, have lots of fun and a great way to help your community.
Volunteers get free passes to the trials and food and drink is provided during your shift.
If you are interested, please contact Maym Cunningham at email@example.com or call 970-878-0111.
• NFL Punt, Pass, and Kick. Friday, Sept. 11 at Starbuck Stadium in Meeker. The NFL Punt, Pass and Kick program is a free national skills competition for boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 15 to compete in punting, passing, and place kicking. ERBM Recreation & Park District, 878-3403, for more info.
• Meeker Young Timers set sheepdog trials outing. Have you ever been to the Meeker Classic Sheepdog Championship Trials? If not or if you don’t want to go alone, join the Meeker Young Timers on Saturday at Ute Park to enjoy the unique fun of the trials. If you are interested in catching the sheepdog trials with those of common interest, you might contact Danyel at 970-878-5510 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Gary McMahan Concert Saturday. Join ERBM Recreation & Park District for a free concert during the Meeker Classic Sheepdog Trials! Bagpipers and Gary McMahan will entertain the crowds. 4 p.m. Saturday on the courthouse lawn. ERBM Recreation & Park District, 878-3403, for more info.
• Monthly Movie Matinee. Adults are welcome to the free Monthly Movie Matinee. This month’s movie is “Mr. Holmes.” Monday, Sept. 14 at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library. ERBM Recreation & Park District, 878-3403, for more info.
• Range Call Royalty 2016 tryouts Sept. 16. The 2016 Range Call Committee is looking for girls interested in trying out to become Range Call royalty for next year. The committee is looking for a queen and princesses, and the winner will earn a $500 scholarship. Tryouts will be held Sept. 16. For more information, contact Lynn Carroll at 970-361-0960.
• MACC meeting postoned. The September MACC meeting, normally scheduled for the first Monday of the month, has been rescheduled due to Labor Day.
The September meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 14 at the Old West Heritage Culture Center, 517 Park St. Members are encouraged to attend this important meeting.
• EMT basic course in September. A new Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) basic course is scheduled to run from mid-September through the end of the year. Classes are tentatively scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday evenings with some weekends. The cost will be absorbed by the Meeker Fire District for those who volunteer for Meeker and agree to at least one year of active service.
For all others, the cost will be $1,850, which includes student manual, clinical shirt, personnel equipment kit and class fees.
Send an email to email@example.com with your event. Deadline Monday, 5 p.m.