The Meeker Herald | 125 years ago
- To be in harmony with the feelings of the defeated the thermometer dropped to a point three degrees above zero last night.
- Deputy Game Warden Clark cracked down on hunters in Piceance Creek. No arrests were made for the abundance of game laws violations. Thirty-seven carcasses were confiscated from the violators.
The Meeker Herald | 100 years ago
- Meeker football team wins against Craig, 7-0.
- The Republicans have the majority of Colorado legislature, occupying both houses, after last week’s election.
The Meeker Herald| 50 years ago
- Money was reported to be stolen after a breakin, at D’Ages Photo Shop.
- The Meeker football team defeated Rifle, making them the Northwestern League Champions. A chance at state is next for the team.
- The new movie “Cougar Country” will be shown at Rio theatre for one night next week.
The Meeker Herald | 25 years ago
- Mazzola heads up the sheriff department search and rescue operations. He said 31 hunters got lost this year, about typical. But several of the hunters were out much longer than typical. “ The hunters are getting hopelessly lost because they’re relying far too much on their cellular phones…”
- Dustin Simmons has a much clearer view of the future these days, thanks to the Meeker Lions Club. The 6-year-old boy on Sept. 2 underwent successful eye surgery to correct a genetic condition that caused his eyes to turn outward, away from each other.
Rangely Times | 50 years ago
- Rangely will be featured on Channel 8 Thursday, Nov. 19, Mayer B. F. Yaeger was notified today. The “Story of Rangely” will be told on KUTV 6 p.m.
- Panthers runnerup in NWL after 21-8 win at Aspen
Rangely Times | 25 years ago
- Over 250 people enjoyed slices of bear, mountain lion, rhea bird and other exotic dishes at a wild game dinner Friday Night, November 10. The dinner, held by the newly formed Rangely Kiwanis Club and CNCC’s Weiss Center, offered dishes such as venison-stuffed peppers, elk chili, turkey and more.
- The CNCC Volleyball team is happy to announce that sophomore setter, Hollie Wailes, was voted onto the All-Region Volleyball team this past weekend at Region meetings in Orem, Utah.