Listen to this post
RBC | A hearing concerning the protest contesting the sufficiency of the petition to recall Gary Moyer as county commission has been set for Sept. 2, 2021, at 2:30 p.m. at the Rio Blanco County Courthouse in Meeker. The hearing will be live-streamed on the county’s YouTube channel.
The hearing must be summary. The parties will be permitted to appear remotely or in person for the hearing per the Stipulated Case Management Order.
Rules governing the procedure of the hearing.
• Colorado law requires that the parties filing the protest prove the allegations of the protest by a preponderance of the evidence.
• The protest must set forth specific grounds for the protest.
• The hearing officer will hear and consider only evidence related to the specific allegations of the protest.
• Any testimony must be provided under oath.
• A written decision of the hearing officer will be rendered within 72 hours of the hearing. The decision will be final.
• No public comments will be allowed.