A residence at 340 Park St. in Meeker was damaged Friday, when hot grease from the family barbecue grill dripped onto the propane line to the barbecue, which “compromised the propane line,” leading to the fire, Fire Chief Steve Allen said Wednesday. Homeowners Jason Hightower and Mandi Etheridge said no one was injured. Allen said there was damage to the deck and attic with extensive smoke damage.
RANGELY – The 250 acre Rough Fire was reported Friday afternoon following thunder and lightning storms. It is burning on Bureau of Land Management public lands, 20 miles northeast of Rangely, in pinyon and juniper […]
RBC I Lightning started the Powell and Little Duck fires in Rio Blanco County last week, burning more than 1,600 acres before monsoon rains helped more than 200 firefighters and a Type II fire management […]
RANGELY I A fire ignited by an electrical source killed five pigs and injured two more in one of two Rangely 4-H community pens on Monday afternoon.