Listen to this post
MEEKER I The Meeker Chamber of Commerce’s Holiday Lighting Contest was held Wednesday, Dec. 15 with 10 wonderful entries.
Cindy and Vern Rholl at 756 Eighth St. were the residential winners. The Rholls love Christmas and enjoy celebrating the holidays each year. Everyone will enjoy the Rholls delightful display. Look for Santa in his balloon welcoming you to join him in the North Pole.
Honorable mention goes to Tim Leff and Andrea Harmon for their fun and merry display at 426 Water St.
The Rambullinn Bed and Breakfast on Eighth Street won the business lighting contest. Wendll’s Wondrous Things at the corner of Sixth and Main received an honorable mention in the business category.
Warm up the hot chocolate, bundle up and head out for other Meeker holiday highlights.
• Drive down Park and Eighth street from the top of the hill down.
• Main and School streets are a can’t miss with creative designs.
• Sulphur Creek road is adorned with bright tree lights.
• The Parrs home at 595 County Road 4 is truly “chocolate for the eyes.”
• Don’t forget the breathtaking displays along Water Street, Market Street, Sage Hills and Sanderson Hills subdivisions.
• Other “must sees” are the Halandras Building, Main Street Businesses on the square, Pappas at 650 Seventh St., the Nelsons at 907 Park, the Garcias at 1159 Park and the Jones family at 744 Market.
The Meeker Chamber of Commerce thanks everyone who participated in this year’s lighting contest, our judges and our sponsor, White River Electric, for making this year merry and bright.