• Open house today. Kari Brennan, a registered dental hygienist, is opening a new business, White River Dental Hygiene, located at 73521 Hwy. 64 outside Meeker, just past Kum & Go. The open house will run from 6-8 p.m., and the Meeker Chamber of Commerce will be on hand for a ribbon-cutting ceremony. There will be refreshments, door prizes and music, and the public is invited.
• MACC meeting Monday. The Meeker Arts and Cultural Council will meet Monday at 6:30 p.m. at the Old West Heritage Culture Center, 517 Park St. All are welcome.
• Public forum on education. Meeker Public Library will host a free, public open forum on Tuesday at 7 p.m. to discuss education-related issues regarding Meeker. All Meeker Board of Education candidates, parents, students and anyone else are welcome to the discussion.
• Foot Clinic Wednesday. Pioneers Hospital Home Health is changing the location, day of week and time for its monthly foot clinics in Meeker. Pioneers Hospital Home Health will be offering its monthly Foot Clinic on Wednesday, Sept. 9 at 1 p.m. at its new location at the Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall, 779 Sulphur Creek Rd.
A certified nurse assistant will trim toenails, provide skin care and check blood pressures. Persons found to have circulatory or foot problems will be referred to a physician. Those who are interested are asked to please call 878-9265 to schedule an appointment.
• Adult Pickleball. Wednesday, Sept. 9 at 1 p.m. in the Admin Gym at the Meeker Rec Center. Come give it your best shot as you try Pickleball, a racquet sport that combines elements of badminton, tennis and table tennis. FREE! ERBM Recreation & Park District 878-3403
• Volunteers needed for sheepdog trials. Volunteers are needed to work the Meeker Classic Sheepdog Trials from Sept. 9-13 at Ute Park in Meeker.
It is a great way to meet people, have lots of fun and a great way to help your community.
Volunteers get free passes to the trials and food and drink is provided during your shift.
Contact Maym Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-878-0111.
• Rangely Rock ‘N’ Bull Rodeo. The Colorado Northwestern Community College Rodeo Team will again be hosting the most action-packed night in Rio Blanco County. The sixth annual Rangely Rock ‘N’ Bull rodeo begins at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 5.
• Range Call Royalty 2016 tryouts Sept. 16. The 2016 Range Call Committee is looking for girls interested in trying out to become Range Call royalty for next year. The committee is looking for a queen and princesses, and the winner will earn a $500 scholarship. Tryouts will be held Sept. 16. For more information, contact Lynn Carroll at 970-361-0960.
• EMT basic course in September. A new Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) basic course is scheduled to run from mid-September through the end of the year. Classes are tentatively scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday evenings with some weekends. The cost will be absorbed by the Meeker Fire District for those who volunteer for Meeker and agree to at least one year of active service.
For all others, the cost will be $1,850, which includes student manual, clinical shirt, personnel equipment kit and class fees.