– Pool Easter Egg Hunt at Rangely Recreation Center March 29 at 7 p.m. (sharp!) All ages welcome. Cost: Donation to Backpack Program (individual packaged items like granola bars, mac and cheese cups, fruit snacks.) The pool will be sectioned off into age groups and plastic eggs full of surprises are to be found at the bottom of the pool.
– Glow in the Dark Egg Hunt at Elks Park in Rangely March 30 at 8:45 p.m. $7 per person, 6 years and up. Deadline: March 27. Please bring a flashlight and something to put your eggs in and meet us at Elks park as we go on a search for the glow in the dark eggs. There will be special prizes to be won for special eggs. Also the Wibit will be up for spring break so come in and play in the pool.
– Meeker Recreation Center closed for Easter holiday. Normal hours resume April 2.
– Spring Social for adults 50 and older are invited to the Spring Social April 12. RSVP by April 5 so an accurate count can be given to the caterer. RSVP at the Meeker Recreation Center or by calling 970-878-3403.
– Projects in Grocery Sacks at Meeker Recreation Center from 1-4 p.m. April 6. Adults 18 and older, grab your crochet hooks and yarn and join us for an afternoon of crocheting, conversation and refreshments. Call 878-3403.
– The Meeker Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). The next meeting will be April 9. We will be discussing “The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt” by Eleanor Roosevelt. All interested readers are welcome. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
– Tootsie Care Day at 290 Fourth St., April 14 from 12-3 p.m. Open to anyone 74 and under who has trouble with toenail trimming. Donations go the VFW and Auxiliary Scholarship fund.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Adult drop-in sports: Dodgeball Mondays at 7:30 p.m. in the MES gym. For 18 and older. Volleyball Tuesdays from 7:30-9 p.m. in the MES gym. Basketball Wednesdays from 7:30-9 p.m. in the MES gym. Pool Volleyball Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the MRC pool. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 1-9 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Gentleman’s Club meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center and each Thursday at 9 a.m. at the VFW, 290 4th St. in Meeker.
– Game Day for adults 50-plus on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Call 878-3403 or visit www.erbmrec.com.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James’ Episcopal Church—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
– RBC Small Business Development Center available for guidance at Mountain Valley Bank the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Rebecca Gould, MVB mortgage lender, in the Meeker office twice a month to answer questions, assist with your mortgage needs. Call the Meeker office at 970-878-0103 for more details and/or to set up an appointment.