Listen to this post
– Meeker Recreation Center Annual Shutdown. The Meeker Recreation Center and pool will be closed May 9-13 for annual maintenance. Normal hours resume May 14. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
– Tootsie Care Day at 290 Fourth St., May 12 from 12-3 p.m. Open to anyone 74 and under who has trouble with toenail trimming. Donations go the VFW and Auxiliary Scholarship fund.
– Summer Line-Up Registration Begins May 14 at 5 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center. Registration is now open for summer activities! ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
– The Meeker Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). The next meeting will be May 14. We will be discussing “Hidden Figures” by Margot Shetterly. All interested readers are welcome. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
– Adult Coed Softball Early Bird Deadline May 17 at Meeker Recreation Center. Get your team signed up for the 2018 adult coed softball league! Games will be played Wednesdays starting on June 6 and running through July 25. More info. at ERBMrec.com. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
– WRBM Free Hiking Trip May 25. Enjoy a hike at the Gates of Lodore. Bring lunch, water and appropriate attire. Deadline May 23. 970-675-8211.
– WRBM Summer Hours begin May 29. Building hours Mon. & Weds. 5:30 a.m.-8 p.m., Tues., Thurs. & Fri 5:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Sat. & Sun. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Pool hours Mon. & Weds. 6 a.m.-7:45 p.m., Tues., Thurs. & Fri 6 a.m.-6:45 p.m. Sat. & Sun. 12 p.m.-4:45 p.m. Child care Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and Mon.-Thurs. 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. 970-675-8211.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Adult drop-in sports: Dodgeball Mondays at 7:30 p.m. in the MES gym. For 18 and older. Volleyball Tuesdays from 7:30-9 p.m. in the MES gym. Basketball Wednesdays from 7:30-9 p.m. in the MES gym. Pool Volleyball Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the MRC pool. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 1-9 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Gentleman’s Club meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center and each Thursday at 9 a.m. at the VFW, 290 4th St. in Meeker.
– Game Day for adults 50-plus on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Call 878-3403 or visit www.erbmrec.com.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James’ Episcopal Church—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
Email your event info. to