– 2019 Fair Public Input Meeting Sept. 19 at the NEH Building, Meeker, 6 p.m.
– National Public Lands Day Sept. 21, 9–10 a.m. at the Seventh Street Trailhead. Volunteer on the trails with ERBM, BLM, and MAMBA. This easy to moderate volunteer activity will reclaim and maintain a lower section of the Bike Flow course. Trail tools provided by BLM; bring water, sunscreen, sunglasses, gloves, and wear sturdy shoes. Lunch provided to volunteers. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Meeker Recreation Center closed Sept. 22 for staff meeting.
– Meeker Recreation Center Pool Closure Sept. 26–28 for pool maintenance.
– The Meeker Library Book Club will be reading “My Family and Other Animals” by Gerald Durrell. We will discuss the book on Monday, October 14th at 1:00 p.m. at the library. All are welcome to join in the fun.
– Gentleman’s Group “Geezer Gather” every Thursday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Veteran’s Community Center. 290 4th Street. Adults 55+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. 970-878-3758.
– Warrior at Heart men’s prayer group. Thursdays from 5:45-7 a.m. at the Meeker VFW. Non-denominational and non-doctrinal. www.waheart.com
– Friday Craft Class for middle school through adults. Every Friday at 1 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. September’s craft will be jewelry making. Space is limited to 10 participants. Call 878-5911 or drop by to sign up.
– The 2019 Annual Craft & Gift Show will be Friday, Nov. 1 from 4 to 8 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 2 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the RBC Fairgrounds. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michelle Weston at 970-878-5563 to request a registration form. Booth space is $40.
– Drop-in adult volleyball Tuesdays at the MES Gym. Adult (18+) drop-in volleyball will run September 10–November 19 on Tuesday evenings from 7:30-9 p.m. A minimum of four participants must arrive by 7:45 p.m. or the program will be cancelled for the night. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Drop-in adult pickleball Thursdays at the Admin Gym. Adult (18+) drop-in pickleball will run September 12–November 21 (no session October 31) on Thursday evenings from 7:30-9 p.m. A minimum of four participants must arrive by 7:45 p.m. or the program will be cancelled for the night. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Friday Free Time 10 a.m. Fridays at the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Adults (18+) are invited to enjoy some social time with other adults during this free gathering time at MRC. If you have children, take advantage of Tot-Spot or the pool (all Tot-Spot and pool rules apply). Starts September 5; no program on November 29. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays, 10 a.m.
– Meeker Lions Club meets every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at 290 Fourth St. New members are always welcome. It’s a great way to give back to the community and spend time with a fun group of people.
– Art On A Kart Master the Masters. Mark your calendar for the third Thursday of each month for an evening of art and friendship. Canvas, paint, drawing and painting techniques are included. $30 per person. Call or text Liz Waters 970-274-3794 to confirm or ask questions.
– A Night Under Our Stars discussion group for those interested in UFOs, spirits and other strange things. Please bring your stories. White River Museum, every 2nd Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m.
– Rangely Community Resource Pantry Hours: Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the first and third Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Gentleman’s Group meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Adults 55+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Celebrate Recovery meetings every Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Meeker Assembly, Fourth and Market Street. Meeker Council of Churches.
– Game Day for adults 55+ on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Stop by for refreshment, conversation and a game of cards.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 2-9 p.m. at WREA’s Kilowatt Korner. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making personal and comfort quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Foot Clinic. Pioneers Hospital Home Health Foot Clinic will be at MVCC on the second Wednesday of each month, to trim toenails of anyone who has trouble with the task. Please call PMC Home Health 970-878-9265 to schedule an appointment. Thank you.
– The VFW, American Legion and their Auxiliaries will meet the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at 290 4th St. For further information call (970)878-5326.
Email calendar events by 5 p.m. Mondays to