– MHS Softball Clinic. 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 21 at Paintbrush Park Field No. 1. Boys and girls K-8th grade are invited to this free softball clinic run by the MHS Softball Team. ERBM Recreation and Park District 970-878-3403.
– National Public Lands Day Volunteering at Sanderson Hills Park Sept. 22. Join the BLM and volunteers for a day of volunteering on the Meeker Trails. Go on a longer hike starting at 8 a.m. or a shorter adventure starting at 9 a.m. Trail tools and cloth work gloves will be provided by the BLM. Bring water, sunscreen and sunglasses. Lunch will be provided for volunteers from noon to 2 p.m. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403
– Crafts class for middle school through high school teens. Every Friday at 1 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. October’s theme will be macrame. Space is limited to 8 participants. Call 878-5911 or drop by to sign up.
– The Rangely Moms Group meets the first Thursday of each month from 9-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church (207 S. Sunset Ave.) to help connect moms in our community. Any moms who have newborn through elementary aged children are welcome to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Childcare is provided. The first meeting is free. Subsequent meetings are $5. Scholarships are available if needed.
– Weekly Wanderers Fridays from 9 to 10:30 a.m. All ages are invited to Paintbrush Park during the month of August to get moving and take a walk in the park under the direction of an ERBM staff member. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Celebrate Recovery meetings every Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Meeker Assembly, Fourth and Market Street. Meeker Council of Churches.
– The Meeker Library Book Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Monday of each month (excluding holidays). All interested readers are welcome to join in the fun. Stop by the Meeker Library for details.
– Tootsie Care Day has joined with Pioneers Hospital Home Health Foot Clinic. To help reduce confusion, Vicki will be at MVCC on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, to trim toenails of anyone who has trouble with the task. Please call PMC Home Health 970-878-9265 to schedule an appointment. Thank you.
– Meeker Lions Club meets every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at 290 4th Street. New members are always welcome. It’s a great way to give back to the community and spend time with a fun group of people.
– Game Day for adults 50-plus on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Stop by for refreshments and conversation.
– Real-Tea Roundtable. Join real estate expert Suzan Pelloni for helpful hints on buying and selling property. The first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. at Wendll’s.
– Adult Open Gym Sports (18+): Volleyball Tuesday at MES gym. 7:30-9 p.m. 9/11 through 11/27 (excluding Thanksgiving week). Basketball Wednesday at MES gym, 7:30-9 p.m. 9/12 through 11/28 (excluding Halloween and Thanksgiving week.) ERBM Recreation and Park District. Call 878-3403 for details.
– Storytime at the Rangely Regional Library Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
– Quilting Group. Tuesdays from 1-9 p.m. at the Meeker Public Library. All are welcome. Come during hours that fit your schedule. Bring your sewing machine and project. Making quilts for the Walbridge Wing and hospice care.
– Gentleman’s Group meeting every Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Meeker Recreation Center lounge. Adults 50+, stop by for refreshments and conversation. ERBM Recreation & Park District 970-878-3403.
– Children’s Story Hour Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Meeker Public Library.
– Free Community Dinner every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at St. James—Richards’ Hall, Fourth and Park.
– Rangely Community Resource Pantry open Mondays fro 4 to 6:30 p.m., Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the first and third Saturday of the monht from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Email your event to firstname.lastname@example.org, deadline 5 p.m. Mondays