The Meeker Herald | 125 years ago
• People who act without thinking generally think when others begin to act.
• Another week of ideal fall weather.
The Meeker Herald | 100 years ago
• Keep sweet is no advice for a grapefruit.
• There is every indication that Meeker is in the market for a building boom next spring.
The Meeker Herald | 50 years ago
• Overwhelming approval for Colorado television introduced into the Meeker area last week, prompted County Commissioners to give the “go ahead’’ in setting up permanent equipment, giving the Meeker area two Colorado stations.
• The Glenwood Springs chamber of commerce through the efforts of Jerry Brown, Garfield county planning director, and others have prepared several thousand feet of movie film depicting the feasibility of the Glenwood Canyon Route for Interstate highway 70 between Glenwood Springs and Gypsum through the canyon viewing natural river glade.
The Meeker Herald | 25 years ago
• The mountain bike and pedestrian trail proposed for BLM north of Meeker has wide support, even among Sanderson HIll residents who would live closest to the trail.
• The Meeker High School Class of 1996 has posted the best scores of this decade on the SAT, but are still somewhat below national average, and substantially below state average
Rangely Times | 50 years ago
• Twenty local wounded Vietnam veterans recently were invited by a Montana couple to ride, fish, shoot and hike on an 85 acre ranch near Bozeman.
• Mrs. Virginia Bock of Rangely was honored at the ninth annual Glenwood Springs Art Festival last weekend at an award banquet for her oil paintings “Floral in Crimson” and “Golden Autumn”
Rangely Times | 25 years ago
• Concerned citizens met in Vernal, Utah about the Dinosaur Diamond designed as a tour route based on a dinosaur theme with rock art and outdoor recreation.
• A sharp, deafening blast of turbid implications, otherwise known as wild horses, rang across the bluffs and valleys 25 miles south of Rangely last week. WIld horse enthusiasts based in Grand Junction blew the whistle on Bureau of Land Management wild horse gathering operations, citing alleged cruelty to animals.