Listen to this post
MEEKER | “Books are a uniquely portable magic,” according to author Stephen King, and they’re also an excellent distraction. A lot of Meeker residents need exactly that, and Meeker Regional Library has created a way for patrons to enjoy library books safely during the COVID-19 closure.
The library building is closed to walk-ins at this time, but will start offering online check out and curbside pick up services starting today, April 2, 2020. Follow the instructions in the sidebar (left) to reserve your books online at meekerlibrary.booksys.net, or call the library at 970-878-5911 to ask staff to reserve a book for you.
Curbside pick up times will be from 5 to 6 p.m. on weekdays.
Please be aware of social distancing and do not check out books if you are sick or someone in your household has been sick. Your community is counting on you to do your part in keeping library books clean and germ-free. Library staff will be taking extra precautions to keep employees safe and healthy. The books will be sanitized and will not be checked out to another patron for seven days after they have been returned to the library.
Don’t forget to play Meeker Regional Library’s Meeker Bingo (left and below), and mark off the space for online check out and curbside pick up when you get your books!
Get reading! Here’s how:
- Go to meekerlibrary.booksys.net, then click Display (NOT Log On).
- At the top right click Log On.
- Both the Username and Password are the eight digit numbers on your library card, 0000XXXX.
- In the Search bar at the top left, type in the title, author or subject of a book you’d like to check out. This searches the public library and all the school libraries, so you may want to limit the search to just the Main Library.
- Click on the title you want, and then click the Reserve button at the top right.
- You should see a screen telling you your reservation is successful!
- Come by the library between 5 and 6 p.m. on weekdays to pick up your books!
- If you have questions or would like to reserve a book via telephone, call us at 970-878-5911.
Special to the Herald Times