Obituary: Lillian Nelson Peacock

Lillian Peacock
Listen to this post

Lillian Peacock
Lillian Peacock
Sweet Lillian Nelson Peacock joined her loving husband, Harry Peacock, soon after his passing.
Lillian was born to Verland Silas (Bill) Nelson and LaVerda Timothy Nelson in Roosevelt, Utah, where she was also raised. She met the love of her life, Harry Peacock, when she was working in a local soda shop.
The couple married in 1953 and moved to Rangely, Colo., where they raised their three children.
In Rangely, Lillian owned and operated a successful flower and gift store, Peacock Alley. She was also one of few women to serve on the Moon Lake Electric Board, where she made a lifetime of memories and friends.
Her grandchildren and great-grandchildren were her pride and joy. She was able to make each one feel like they were her favorite. Lillian passed away with grandson Ethan Peacock at her side. Her favorite pastimes included writing poetry, Scrabble, family card games, sweet tea, reading, attending the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Grand Junction 3rd Ward, catching up on Facebook, puzzles and her beloved sisters, Glenda, Barbara and Billie.
Lillian is preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, Harry Peacock, and her parents.
Lillian is survived by: one son, Jeff Peacock of Rangely; two daughters, Denise (Jim) Henning of Grand Junction and Sandy (Kevin) Wilson of St. George, Utah; grandchildren Sara Peacock, Aaron (Crystal) Peacock, Ethan Peacock, Jessica (Cris) Zamora, Jackelyn (Jeff) Anderson, Vanessa (Pat) Keck, Samantha Peacock, Bridger Wilson; great-grandchildren Jared, Grant, Dylan, and Bayleigh Peacock, Jillian and Jerry Anderson; three sister, Glenda Hall, Barbara (Herb) Ritschard and Billie Bowman; and several nephews and nieces, Ron Ritschard, Gina Verstraete, Ted Ritschard, Dennis Hall, Debbie Zimmerman, Leslie Lamb, Dustin Hall, Dru Hall, Richard Miller and Derek Miller.
Lillian opened her home to many people over the years, and many others considered her to be a mother and grandmother figure in their lives. She always had a smile and a kind word for others. Her children and grandchildren will miss her phone calls and unconditional love.
A graveside service was held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 17, 2013, at the Rangely Cemetery. Cremation has taken place.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the American Heart Association in her name.