UPDATE: The protest hearing scheduled for Friday, Aug. 27 has been vacated and “delayed by stipulation” for one week. New date and time to be announced.
RBC I A hearing concerning the protest filed on Aug. 13, 2021, by Matt Scott, contesting the sufficiency of the petition for the recall of Gary Moyer from his position as county commissioner for Rio Blanco County, has been set for Friday, Aug. 27 at 2:30 p.m. The hearing will take place in the third floor meeting room of the Rio Blanco County Historic Courthouse, 555 Main St, Meeker, Colorado. The hearing must be summary. All parties must attend in person.
Rules governing the procedure of the hearing.
• Colorado law requires that the parties filing the protest prove the allegations of the protest by a preponderance of the evidence.
• The protest must set forth specific grounds for the protest.
• The hearing officer will hear and consider only evidence related to the specific allegations of the protest.
• All testimony must be provided under oath.
• The proceedings will be recorded.
• A written decision of the hearing officer will be rendered within 72 hours of the hearing. The decision will be final.
This Notice of Hearing is provided pursuant to the requirements of Colorado Revised Statutes, Section 1-12-108(9)(a) (II). The hearing will be live streamed on the County YouTube channel at www.rbc.us. Click on the YouTube link on the left side of the screen. No public comments will be allowed.
Special to the Herald Times