Listen to this post
The Meeker Herald — 125 years ago
• Perry Spurlock, proprietor of the Meeker-Rifle stage line, this week received and placed in commission between Rifle and the White River metropolis a fine four-seated tally-ho coach. Twelve passengers can be carried comfortably in the new vehicle.
• LOST – Between Grinstead’s and L.S. Hill’s last Sunday, a pair of black fur storm gloves. Reward.
• Make sure you are right, and then don’t make a fuss about it.
The Meeker Herald — 50 years ago
• The contractors recently completed their construction work of building the new electric transmission line between Meeker and Rangely.
• Politics in schools and churches is politics at its worst.
The Meeker Herald — 25 years ago
• Chosen to represent their classes for the homecoming king and queen nominations this past week are the following MHS students: Carol Lynn Whiteman, Juanita Baughman, Shawn Copeland, Tracey Anderson, Ann Marie Nielsen, Kelli Borchard, Amy Batka and Haley McKay; Sam Bagley, Dusty Miller, Chad Hopwood, Brad Wikoff, Vaughn Jones, Pat Hughes, Russ Hughes and Matt Hughes.
• State Representative Scott McInnis will head the list of dignitaries in attendance at tonight’s dedication ceremony for the downtown improvement project.
Rangely Times — 45 years ago
• Miss Ruth Jolene McPhail and Michale L. Maxson exchanged marriage promises in an 11 a.m. ceremony.
• At RHS more than half the student body signed up for chorus class to be held every day at 8 a.m.
• Rangely’s Panthers finished the non-conference schedule undefeated, the only Northwest AA 11 to accomplish the record.
Rangely Times — 35 years ago
• On Sunday, telephone customers in Rangely will be able to dial their own station-to-station long distance calls as Mountain Bell begins direct-dialing for the 675 exchange.
• The 1976 homecoming activities at Rangely High School are taking place this week. Thursday’s activities will culminate in a Volkswagon race and loading contest.
• At the Campus Theatre: Clint Eastwood as “The Outlaw Josey Wales” now showing.