The Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Office fielded 104 calls during the week of March 31 through April 6.
The calls included 15 traffic stops, seven traffic complaints, six fires and six animal calls.
According to a synopsis of department activity during the period:
• A vehicle was stolen and found crashed in Sage Hills, investigation is ongoing.
• Several controlled burns went out of control and assistance was requested from the Meeker Fire Department. One incident resulted in the destruction of a large stack of hay.
• A motorcycle accident in the Rangely area was reported and the driver ended up at Rangely District Hospital with minor injuries.
• A Vernal, Utah, detective requested assistance in intercepting a robbery and assault suspect on Highway 64 outside of Dinosaur. The vehicle was contacted on the Bonanza Road resulting in a felony stop and the arrest of two occupants.
• The driver of a vehicle was arrested for DUI and child abuse; charges are pending.
The following sheriff’s office report is for the week of April 7 through April 13.
The number of calls by type were: one 911 pocket call, one injury accident, two accidents with property damage, one alarm, one animal call, two calls to assist Colorado State Patrol, one call to assist Department of Wildlife, one to assist Meeker police, four calls to assist Rangely police, one call to assist White River Electric Association, three citizen assists, one citizen contact, one court transport, one domestic violence, two fires, one missing person, one motorist assist, two suspicious incidents, one traffic arrest, one traffic complaint, one traffic hazard, 19 traffic stops and five auto VIN inspections for a total of 56 calls.
According to a synopsis of police department activity throughout the period:
• There was a traffic arrest for a driver with a suspended license.
• Assisted Rangely police with two gas skips—unable to locate vehicles.
• Report of an ATV accident; driver was transported to Pioneers Medical Center by private vehicle.
• Rangely dispatch received 911 call of a rollover accident on County Road 2, two parties were transported to Rangely District Hospital. Colorado State Patrol investigating the accident.
• Assisted Rangely police with a vehicle theft and a subject was arrested.
• Report of sheep herder that may have just left employment but was reported as missing.
• Two fires reported that were controlled burns.
• Call of a shooting at a residence in the county. No shots fired and male party was arrested for domestic violence.
Meeker Police Department reported 38 calls. Rangely Police Department reported 37 calls.