Listen to this post
WEEKLY CALL REVIEW AT THE RIO BLANCO COUNTY SHERIFF’S DISPATCH CENTER
Dec. 2-8, 2019
Meeker Dispatch Center administered 442 phone calls last week including 20 911 calls, 76 calls for Meeker Police Department and dispatchers placed 112 outgoing calls. A total of 161 calls for service were created.
Note the department breakdown of calls may differ from the total number reported due to individual incidents with multiple agencies responding.
Law enforcement conducted 16 traffic stops
* Sheriff’s Deputies issued one citation on nine stops
* Meeker PD issued one citation on six stops
* There was one traffic arrest
Six traffic crashes occurred in RBC, five involving wildlife and vehicles. RBSO and MPD assisted Colorado State Patrol on five calls.
Sheriff’s Deputies responded to 63 requests for service
* 17 agency assists, one 911 hang up, nine animal calls, four civil papers served, three citizen assists, two civil issues, nine motorist assists, two K-9 deployments, four motorist assists, three suspicious incidents, two thefts, two traffic complaints, two traffic hazards, four warrant arrests
* One each: alarm, business check, criminal mischief, disturbance, unattended death, VIN inspection.
Meeker Police Department responded to 80 requests for service
* Three agency assists, one 911 hangup, five animal calls, 23 business checks, three citizen assists, seven civil issues, 14 code enforcement, two parking violations, seven suspicious incidents, four thefts, six VIN inspections
* One each: disturbance, sexual assault, traffic hazard, unattended death
Meeker Fire and Rescue responded to three calls
* Two ambulance requests, one medical transfer to another facility, one unattended death
Rio Blanco Detentions
* Current inmate population is 21, 17 males and four females
* Eight arrests
* Released six
* Booked in eight: one from Meeker, two from Rangely Police Department and five from RBCSO.
* Five transports to or from other facilities.
This information is a weekly review of the calls for service that were requested at the Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Communications Office. If you have any questions or would like an explanation of the call types listed please call 878-9600. We will not regularly post any information as to the names or addresses on any incident.