Listen to this post
Jan. 20-26 2020
Meeker Dispatch Center administered 373 phone calls last week including 18 911 calls, 37 calls for Meeker Police Department (MPD) and placed 108 outgoing calls. A total of 125 calls for service were created, 60 for the Sheriff’s Office, 45 for MPD.
Note the department breakdown of calls may differ from the total number reported due to individual incidents with multiple agencies responding.
– Law enforcement conducted 33 traffic stops
– Sheriff’s Deputies issued two citations, one arrest on 19 stops
– MPD issued 1 citation on 15 stops
– There was one traffic arrest and no DUIs
Seven traffic crashes occurred in RBC, one involving wildlife, one injury accident and five non-injury crashes. RBSO and MPD assisted Colorado State Patrol on five calls.
Sheriff’s Deputies responded to 60 requests for service:
– 4 911hangups
– 8 agency assists,
– 4 animal calls
– 2 alarms
– 19 security checks
– 2 civil papers served
– 3 motorist assists
– 2 traffic complaints
– 2 traffic hazards
– One each: citizen assistance, civil, disturbance, property, suspicious incident, traffic accident, VIN inspection.
Meeker Police Department responded to 45 requests for service:
– 4 agency assists
– 4 animal calls
– 18 business checks
– 2 code enforcement
– 3 juvenile contacts
– 4 VIN inspections
– One each: 911 abandoned, alarm, disturbance, harassment, motorist assist, property, snow complaint, theft, traffic crash, trespass.
Meeker Fire and Rescue responded to nine calls:
– Two alarms, 2 medical transports to other facilities, one traffic crash with injuries and 4 ambulance requests.
Rio Blanco Detention:
– 23 current inmates, 14 males and 9 females
– Three warrant arrests
– Booked in six, all by RBCSO Deputies
– Five inmates released
– Three transports to or from other facilities.
This information is a weekly review of the calls for service that were requested at the Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Communications Office. If you have any questions or would like an explanation of the call types listed please call 878-9600. We will not regularly post any information as to the names or addresses on any incident.