The following information is a weekly review of the calls for service that were reported to the Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Communications Office. If you have any questions or would like an explanation of the call types listed please call 878-9600. We will not regularly post any information as to the names or addresses on any incident.
Nov. 11-17, 2019
Meeker Dispatch Center administered 380 phone calls last week including 23 911 calls, 60 calls for Meeker Police Department (MPD) and placed 116 outgoing calls. A total of 191 calls for service were created.
Note the department breakdown of calls may differ from the total number reported due to individual incidents with multiple agencies responding.
– Law enforcement conducted 44 traffic stops
– Sheriff’s Deputies issued five citations on 44 stops
– MPD issued one citation on 18 stops
– RBCSO arrested one on a DUI and one on a traffic stop
– Nine traffic crashes occurred in RBC, eight involving wildlife and vehicles. RBSO and MPD assisted Colorado State Patrol on six calls.
Sheriff’s Deputies responded to 53 requests for service:
– 13 agency assists,
– Three 911 hang ups, six animal calls, one civil papers served, three business checks, four citizen assists, three motorist assists, two suspicious incidents, two traffic complaints, two VIN inspections
– One each: abandoned vehicle, civil, disturbance, DUI, K-9 deployment, theft, traffic accident, traffic complaint and warrant arrest.
MPD responded to 60 requests for service:
– Seven agency assists, three 911 handups, nine animal calls, 20 business checks, four citizen assists, five motorist assists, four suspicious incidents
– One each: civil, disturbance, juvenile problem, parking violation, property, theft, warrant arrest
Meeker Fire and Rescue responded to seven calls:
– Four ambulance requests and one traffic crash
– Report of a gas smell at a residence
– Construction crew at Meeker High School hit a gas line and forced the evacuation of MHS and a shelter in place order at Barone Middle School
Rio Blanco Detentions:
– Current inmates 17 males and two females
– Three Arrests
– One Warrant Arrest
– Released two
– Booked in three, one by Meeker PD and two from RBCSO.
– Four transports to or from other facilities.
This information is a weekly review of the calls for service that were requested at the Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Communications Office. If you have any questions or would like an explanation of the call types listed please call 878-9600. We will not regularly post any information as to the names or addresses on any incident.