This information is a weekly review of the calls for service that were requested at the Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Communications Office. If you have any questions or would like an explanation of the call types listed please call 878-9600. We will not regularly post any information as to the names or addresses on any incident.
Nov. 25-Dec. 1, 2019
Meeker Dispatch Center administered 396 phone calls last week including 23 911 calls, 48 calls for Meeker Police Department (MPD) and dispatchers placed 129 outgoing calls. A total of 164 calls for service were created.
Note the department breakdown of calls may differ from the total number reported due to individual incidents with multiple agencies responding.
– Law enforcement conducted 33 traffic stops
– Sheriff’s Deputies issued three citations on 22 stops
– Meeker PD issued no citations on 11 stops
– There were two DUI arrests
Seven traffic crashes occurred in RBC, four involving wildlife and vehicles. RBSO and MPD assisted Colorado State Patrol on seven calls.
Sheriff’s Deputies responded to 47 requests for service:
– 12 agency assists,
– One 911 hang up, nine animal calls, five civil papers served, two business checks, four citizen assists, three civil issues, two DUI’s, nine motorist assists, two suspicious incidents, three traffic complaints, two VIN inspections
– One each: civil, disturbance, fire, unattended death.
MPD responded to 52 requests for service:
– Nine agency assists, one 911 hangup, five animal calls, 15 business checks, six citizen assists, two civil issues, four motorist assists, four suspicious incidents, two traffic complaints, four VIN inspections.
– One each: alarm, disturbance, trespass.
Meeker Fire and Rescue responded to 13 calls:
– Six ambulance requests, three medical transfers to another facility, one vehicle crash with injuries, one structure fire reported and one report of gas leaking.
Rio Blanco Detention:
– Current inmates: 11 males and four females
– Three arrests
– Released five
– Booked in three, one by Rangely PD and two from RBCSO.
– Three transports to or from other facilities.