MEEKER I There is an informational meeting May 7 for Meeker area veterans and family members to learn more about post traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury, military sexual trauma and free services for which one may qualify.
If a veteran finds himself dealing with any of the following issues, it could be a sign of PTSD:
• Nervousness, anxiousness, loss of interest or pleasure
• Depression, sadness, guilt or difficulty trusting others
• Isolation or alienation from others
• Angry, irritable or filled with rage
• Nightmares or trouble sleeping
• Substance abuse issues or marital problems
• Thoughts or memories that won’t go away
The informational gathering will be May 7 at 11 a.m. at the Meeker VFW at 290 4th St.
A veteran does not need to be enrolled in the VA System to qualify, and the public is invited to attend the gathering.
For more information, contact David Cole at 303-249-3700 or Rob Baughman at 970-942-3097.