Listen to this post
By Sean Von Roenn
ERBM Executive Director
MEEKER | 2016 has been a busy year for ERBM. Here are a few updates on projects, programs and more from throughout the past year.
Did You Know?
– Construction has been underway at Town Park throughout the fall of 2016 with river bank stabilization, which includes rip-rap (stones that help provide foundation and protect the river bank) and boulder access points. This project will be completed in the summer of 2017 with a new hardscape activity pavilion, a concrete parking lot, a connected walking path throughout the park, restroom refurbishments, as well as fencing, lighting, and drainage improvements. Check out the latest project information on our ERBM website at meekerrecdistrict.com.
– There have been significant improvements to Paintbrush Park during the past year, including: newly installed concrete path walkways, improved landscaping around the ballfields and community garden, addition of LED lighting in the parking lot, concession building drainage and drinking fountain improvements, memorial bench installation, and archery range road and bridge enhancements. If you haven’t been to the park lately, stop by and take advantage of these great amenities.
– ERBM is celebrating its 35th anniversary this year and working toward 35,000 visits to the Meeker Recreation Center in 2016 (currently close to 31,000). If numbers continue as they have been tracking, we should reach our 35,000th visit in December. Keep an eye on the current number of visits—the 35,000th guest will get recognized. Come on in and be a part of the 35th anniversary!
– According to the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services most health benefits occur with 150 minutes a week of moderate intensity physical activity. That’s 30 minutes a day, five days a week. The Meeker Recreation Center, which is open 94.5 hours a week and includes various fitness programs, offers a wide variety of activity options to assist you in meeting this goal. Whether it’s spin, yoga, pickleball, or the more traditional weight training or treadmill workouts, we’ve got you covered.
– At any given time ERBM employs 50-70 people from our community, including positions in: Guest services, tot spot, aquatics, fitness, maintenance and housekeeping staff, not to mention the myriad of exceptional contractors and volunteers that partner with the District to provide services. ERBM staff’s constant aim is to provide fun, safe, and memorable experiences to all members, visitors, participants and spectators.
– The ERBM Facebook page has more than 550 followers and is one of the best places to find up-to-the-minute district happenings. Like our page today and stay up-to-date and in-the-know so you and your family can enjoy all that ERBM has to offer in supporting your health, fitness, wellness and leisure needs!