RBC | Wednesday, March 28 will be the eighth annual Makayla Jane Memorial Blood Drive at Rangely District Hospital. The St. Mary’s Blood Mobile will be located in the Rangely District Hospital parking lot at 225 Eagle Crest St., from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Reservations are welcome and accepted. Makayla Jane Kottenstette was born March 23, 2010, and passed on March 27, 2010. Her parents, Kathy and Ian, have continued the annual blood drive in her name.
– Donors must be at least 18 years of age (or if you are 16 or 17 and have your parents’ permission).
– Donors must weigh at least 120 pounds and be in good health.
– It is NOT OK to donate if you have given blood in the past eight weeks.
– It is NOT OK to donate if you’ve received a tattoo or unusual piercing within one year from the date of donation.
– It is NOT OK to donate if you have a cold or flu.
– It is OK to donate if you are on medication and have asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes or thyroid issues as long as they are under control.
– It is OK to donate if you’ve gone to Mexico and went to a resort area and remained in the resort area.
– It is NOT OK to donate if you’ve visited a remote area of Mexico or the jungle within one year of the donation date.