- Structures: No structures have been lost or damaged. Forty-six residences and 81 other structures are threatened.
- Fire size: 6,072 acres and 53% contained
- Location: 16 miles southeast of Meeker
- Start date July 29, 2018
- Cause unknown and under investigation
- Total personnel: 522
Previous operational period: Fire behavior was minimal yesterday, although a few smoke columns were visible in the afternoon. Firefighters engaged in direct attack to control and improve fire lines on the north, south and southwest sides of the fire. On the east side, firefighters improved handline. On the northwest side, they continued mopping up, which includes removing burning material and cutting down snags.
Planned action: Given the incoming weather system, firefighters will continue mopping up, constructing containment lines, patrolling and securing the north and east fire edges as safety allows. They will also continue to remove equipment in appropriate areas and begin preparing for fire suppression repair.
Fire weather: Showers and thunderstorms today and tomorrow are expected to produce up to one inch of rain. Temperatures will climb into the upper 60s to low 70s with minimum relative humidity near 40 percent.
Restrictions and closures
- U.S. Forest Service White River National Forest and Bureau of Land Management closures remain in effect. Check the White River National Forest’s website for updates www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/whiteriver/alerts-notices. All trailheads and campgrounds in the South Fork White River drainage are closed.
- The Buford-New Castle Road remains closed at the intersection of County Road 10 and County Road 17 and south to the turnoff to the Meadow Lake Campground (Forest Service Road 601).
- County Road 10 is closed starting at the intersection of County Road 10 and County Road 17.
- A temporary flight restriction remains in effect http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_8_7240.html.