Listen to this post
The Meeker Herald | 125 years ago
• Never spread an evil report about your neighbor until you know positively that it is true, and don’t do it then if he is a good deal bigger than you are.
• A lazy man never believes that his pay is high enough.
• The Meeker Hotel was host to some special guests for a hunt. Secretary of State McGaffey was among those guests.
• The first heavy frost of the season has appeared finally.
The Meeker Herald | 100 years ago
• When a man finds 20 good reasons for staying away from home you may be sure he has at least one bad one.
• Fall plowing was made easier this year due to the rain and snow received
The Meeker Herald | 50 years ago
• Don McKee has been named the new Chief of Police for the Town of Meeker.
• Among the High School senior homecoming king and queen candidates are Kim Wix, Joe Conrado, and Beverly Fritzlan
• Mike Strang is running for reapportionment for State Legislature.
The Meeker Herald | 25 years ago
• A temporary glitch has developed in the Ute Terrace Subdivision project.
• The junior class won this year’s homecoming float contest. They also won the overall Spirit Day inter-class competitions.
Rangely Times | 50 years ago
• A substantial amount of sporting equipment and other items were stolen from Peacock’s store. Rifles, larger caliber weapons, several pistols, and a shotgun were among the items stolen.
• Construction for the new library building was announced and bids are said to start on Nov. 10. The budget for the project is $55,000
Rangely Times | 25 years ago
• Horse owners are being asked to be accountable in stopping the spread of VS (vesicular stomatitis). “95% of the infected animals in Colorado are horses,” says Dr. Jerry Bohlender.
• Robert Miller won a football contest that qualifies him to compete during a Broncos halftime.