RBC | Following meetings this week to gauge fire risk, the following Stage 1 Fire Restrictions went into effect at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday on BLM and county property. Forest Service will enter restrictions Thursday.
STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS ORDER
Pursuant to Rio Blanco County Resolution 2019-06 the following acts are prohibited in Rio Blanco County.
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire except within agency-provided fire grates at developed recreation sites. Devices using gas, jellied petroleum, or pressurized liquid fuel are permitted.
- Using burn barrels or burn pits to burn trash/rubbish.
- Smoking, except in an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Operating a chainsaw without a USDA or SAE approved spark arrestor properly installed and working, a chemical fire extinguisher of not less than 8 ounces capacity by weight, and one round point shovel with an overall length of at least 36 inches.
- Using a welder, either arc or gas, or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame, except in cleared areas of at least 10 feet in diameter with a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher of not less than 8 ounces capacity.
- Using exploding targets or illegal fireworks.
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- This order becomes effective at 12:01 a.m., June 16, 2021 and will remain in force until rescinded.
- Violations of these regulations could be punishable as a Class 6 felony 18-13-109(2)(a)
Special to The Herald Times