Listen to this post
RANGELY | The CNCC flight team finished second in the nation among two-year colleges at the 2019 national flight competition, which involved more than 360 pilots from around the nation and an average of 140 competitors per event.
“A big thanks to all who donated time and money to allow us to compete!” said assistant chief flight instructor and flight team coach Jason Krueger via email.
“The competition also featured around 30 different airlines, corporations, and various other aviation companies looking to recruit our graduates,” Krueger said.
Zach Richardson was nominated by his team as the CNCC outstanding team member and was recognized during the team banquet. The top 50 finishers from CNCC in each event are as follows:
– Aircraft Preflight, 43rd, Rachael Northup
– Crew Resource Management, 28th, James Whalin/Rachael Northup
– Ground Trainer (Flight Simulator), 33rd, Rachael Northup
– IFR Simulated Flight, 14th, Tim Moroney
– Simulated Comprehensive Aircraft Navigation, 44th, James Whalin
– Unlimited Aircraft Navigation, 24th, Rachael Northup/
– James Whalin; 39th, Nick Chancellor/Eli Fozzard
Special to the Herald Times