RBC I Step up to the challenge for the C&H Pure Cane Sugar “Cupcake Challenge” at the 2011 Colorado State Fair.Bake and decorate a tasty, creative, good-looking cupcake to compete for cash prizes. The top three finishers win cash prizes in the amounts of $100 for first place, $50 for second, and $25 for third place. All three winners will also take home ribbons.The competition calls for the baker to make both the cupcake cake and frosting from scratch. Each cupcake entry must contain at least two cups total of any combination of C&H Pure Cane sugars. No cake mixes or premade frosting will be allowed. Judging criteria for winner selection are: cake taste and consistency (20 percent), frosting taste and consistency (20 percent), creativity (20 percent) and overall taste and presentation (40 percent). All ages may enter; limit one entry per person.The contest will be held on Friday, Sept. 2, 2011; registration is now open with an entry deadline of Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2011. For contest details, official rules, and a list of other special contests, contact the Colorado State Fair general entry office at 719-404-2080 or visit http://coloradostatefair.com/index.php?page=competitive_special_contests.The Colorado State Fair runs from Aug. 26 – Sept. 5. For more information visit,www.coloradostate fair.com.
RBC | This years’ Colorado 4-H all-state livestock judging ceremony was held Aug. 27 at the Colorado State Fair. Junior and senior 4-H judges earn a spot on the respective all-state teams by finishing in the […]
Rio Blanco County results from the exhibit judging at the Colorado State Fair: Horseless Horse Intermediate Jamie Moyer — 6th place Leather craft — Unit 10 Jr. Sewing Leather Casey Turner — Reserve Champion Leather […]
RBC I Artists throughout Colorado are busy preparing their finest work for the 2011 Colorado State Fair Fine Arts Exhibition. Most mediums are accepted and two divisions for artwork submission are being offered: emerging artist/student […]