Listen to this post
Special to the Herald Times
MEEKER | Extracurricular activities in the Meeker School District are an extension of the learning that occurs in our classrooms. Our school district is committed to continue with in-person learning as well as extracurricular activities. We ask our community to help us maintain these opportunities for our students by engaging in the following behaviors proven to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Do not attend Meeker School District games/events if, in the past 14 days, you have:
• Tested positive for COVID-19.
• Had known exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual.
• Experienced major symptoms of COVID-19 including, but are not limited to: Fever over 100.4 F lasting more than 24 hours, new or unexplained persistent cough, chills, loss of taste or smell, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
• The number of spectators is limited to 500 or less.
Consider the following alternatives to attending the football games in-person:
• View the game on Meeker High School Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MeekerHighSchool
• Listen to the game on KRAI (this option likely only applies to the Oct. 9 game with Moffat County).
For those who attend games/events in-person:
• Wear a face mask.
• Maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times (6 feet or more) with those not in your personal family and/or cohort.
• Sit only with those in your personal family and/or cohort.
• Leave the facility once the game/event is complete and do not congregate in common spaces.
• Engage in proper handwashing and respiratory etiquette practices.
• Attempt to stagger arrival and departure so there are not large groups of people entering/exiting at the same time.
The primary goal of the Meeker School District this year is to keep students in classrooms. Extracurricular activities support this goal as they add learning opportunities, increase school engagement, and enhance the social/emotional wellbeing of students. Please help support the Meeker School District’s efforts to keep our students in classrooms and provide extracurricular activity opportunities by adhering to the behaviors listed above.