MEEKER I Cowboy track traveled to Eagle Valley High School last Saturday for an invitational track meet featuring 14 teams. The girls team finished sixth and the boys finished fourth.
“I am so proud of the hard work of all the kids. This meet was our best yet in terms of personal records and overall improvement,” said co-head coach Hallie Blunt.
Cowboys placing in the top three were:
• Jayden Overton, third, 100-meter hurdles, this was Overton’s first time down the track this year.
• Kelton Turner, first 100-meter dash
• 4×200-meter relay of Porter Hossack, Brendan Clatterbaugh, Connor Blunt, and Zach Eskelson finished third
• 4×100-meter relay of Ellie Hossack, Addison Selle, Ainsley Selle, and Sarah Kracht, third
• 4×100 mens relay Porter, Blunt, Eskelson, and Turner, second
• 400-meter run Ellie, third
• Pole Vault, Aspen Merrifield, second
• Shot Eskelson first, Turner second, Zagar Brown third
• Discus Hailey Knowles, second
“Our relays all improved and several individuals had their best throws and times” said Blunt, “and coach Cravens and his shot put kids get the MVP award this week. They were 1,2,3 and Judd had an 8 foot personal record,” wrapped up Blunt.
The track season is really just beginning and with five weeks left, there is a lot of time for those close to making it into the top 16 in the state and heading to the big show a possibility.
This week the pole vaulters will be in Coal Ridge on Friday beginning at noon and then the whole team travels to Glenwood Springs, for the Demon Invitational on Saturday, beginning at 9 a.m.
By TIFFANY JEHOREK – Special to the Herald Times
Special to the Herald Times