MEEKER | Extracurricular activities in the Meeker School District are an extension of the learning that occurs in our classrooms. The Meeker School District is committed to continue with in-person learning as well as extracurricular activities.
“We ask our community to help us maintain these opportunities for our students by supporting the following behaviors and actions to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” said a press release from the school district Tuesday.
Do not attend Meeker School District games/events if, in the past 14 days, you have:
- Tested positive for COVID-19.
- Had known exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual.
- Experienced major symptoms of COVID-19 including, but are not limited to:
- Fever over 100.4 F lasting more than 24 hours,
- new or unexplained persistent cough
- loss of taste or smell
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Contracted any other illness recently and are not fully recovered.
Consider attending only at the end the game/event if you are an immediate family member of a student participating.
Consider viewing the game from home via the Meeker High School Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MeekerHighSchool/live. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can watch the game at www.ht1885.com.
There will be no concession stand for the Nov. 13 MHS football game with Paonia.
For those who attend games/events in-person, we strongly recommend the following:
- Wear a face mask.
- Maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times (6 feet or more) with those not in your personal family and/or cohort.
- Sit only with those in your personal family and/or cohort.
- Leave the facility once the game/event is complete and do not congregate in common spaces.
- Engage in proper handwashing and respiratory etiquette practices.
- Attempt to stagger arrival and departure so there are not large groups of people entering/exiting at the same time.
The primary goal of the Meeker School District this year is to keep students in classrooms.
Extracurricular activities support this goal as they add learning opportunities, increase school engagement, and enhance the social/emotional wellbeing of students.
Please help support the Meeker School District’s efforts to keep our students in classrooms and provide extracurricular activity opportunities by adhering to the behaviors listed above.
Special to The Herald Times