RANGELY | Bart and Sarah Nielsen of Rangely are this week’s “home of” honorees.
RBC I In spite of a severely dry summer season, excitement for the 2012 Capitol Christmas Tree project dominated much of the second half of the year in the eastern end of the county, while the western end focused on CNCC’s 50th anniversary celebration and the completion of the brand-new Rangely District Hospital building, which [...]
• Meeker II won the 8-10 Recreation League championship last week after four wins in Craig. Playing on the 2012 championship team were Branden Steinacher and John Hampton Hightower, Liam Deming, Colton Wille, Zach Eskelson, Estevan Earreno, Elijah Deming and Tanner Ridgeway, Zagar Brown, Carter Strate, Josh McCourt and coaches Jason Hightower and Brett Steinacher.
Ads for 01/03/13 ANNOUNCEMENTS ATV, Boat and Snowmobile Owners! You can now renew your Colorado OHV registrations on line at: www.parks.state.co.us your classified ad or subscription to (970)878-4016 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org RIO BLANCO Masonic Lodge #80 meets 2nd and 4th Thursday, 7:00 p.m., at 7th and Park, Meeker. SAFEHOUSE
MEEKER | Jennifer Caulfield of Meeker is this week’s “home of” honoree. Jennifer moved to Meeker with her parents John and Kitty Caulfield in 1992.
• Rio Blanco County became a stopping point last week for the Road to Discovery ride and the Sea to Shining Sea tour, two cross-country cycling events. While the causes were different and the participants were headed for opposite coasts, both rides symbolized hope — whether for a cure, a breakthrough, or a new beginning.
• Rio Blanco County was well represented in dashes, distances, jumps, throws and puts in Denver’s Jefferson County Stadium last weekend for the 2012 Colorado State Track and Field Championships. Many returned with medals, including two golds for Meeker senior Kathryn Doll, who also anchored and medaled in relays. Rangely junior Holly Lepro was one [...]
• A suspect placed in custody at the Rio Blanco County Jail was charged with robbing Mountain Valley Bank at Fourth and Main Streets in Meeker, according to the Meeker Police Department. The suspect was seen leaving the bank on foot. Meeker police officers, Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Department officers and officers from the Colorado [...]
• Neil Joy listened while his best friend’s mother, father, sister-in-law and district attorney spoke. Then he heard his counselor, a friend, his brother, his wife and his attorney speak on his behalf. Finally, Joy spoke for himself before Judge Denise Lynch sentenced him to three years of confinement in the Colorado Department of Corrections [...]
• Snowmobilers gathered at the Lost Creek trailhead for the first annual “I Ride With James” benefit poker run. Funds raised by the 113 riders and 133 poker hands played go toward the James Sizemore Memorial Scholarship fund. Monies are used for a local scholarship and to assist RBC Search and Rescue with the purchase [...]
RBC I With a struggling economy, severe drought and fires, and one of the most contentious national elections in memory, 2012 wasn’t an easy year. Residents of Rio Blanco County, Rangely and Meeker came together in times of celebration and sorrow to support one another and the continued growth and development of their respective communities.